S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

seafoam

Old 04-08-2007, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive seafoamed 3 cars and never ran into any trouble. When you sucked it through the pcv valve did you do a little at a time? or did you just stick the whole hose into the can? Did the car die at any point in time while you were sucking it through the pcv? Hopefully you didnt bend a valve or rod because there is a possibilty of hydrolocking if to much of the cemical is being sucked through. Changing the oil isn't going to do anything because you can actually run seafoam in the oil for a whole oil change interval. It even says it on the back of the can. I would try and get the compression check to make sure nothing was damaged.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:06 AM

yeah it died twice. it was sucking it so i let it suck it in. how would u know if something bent?

i know its still burning the white smoke today. this is almost 24 hours after i did the seafoam.

the car is feeling a little less sluggish but i cant feel Vtec engagement anymore. maybe i'm just crazy. and when i first started up the car this morning it took maybe 1-2seconds longer.

any course of action you guys recommend. its easter Sunday so i can't do anything about it today. but should i take it to someone asap Monday morning?

also i revved the engine after a short stroll and it burnt black smoke like a smoke screen. i know thats gas but it was an excessive amount.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:56 AM

UPDATE:

vtec is working. which is a plus i hope. its slowed down the burning of the seafoam. but its still sluggish.

it feels fine but it just acts like 6k is the redline. and its a huge hurdle to power the engine up to 9k.

if something were bent how would i know? and my car is burning an excess amount of oil out of the exhaust it even drips out. i'll take pictures of my stained driveway.

i know this is irrelevant to the discussion but i want u to know what my car does. this was today when i was idling the engine. idk if thats oil, gas, seafoam/oil, who knows. its black and putters out the exhaust.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:51 AM

Well it sounds like your engine may have not burned all the seafoamed that you put it there, especially it its still shooting out white smoke. Usually a compression check can give you a hint if something is wrong for example you do the test and its 220 psi on 3 of the cylnders but one reads 160 psi. But as far as the stuff on the ground, it looks like carbon deposits mixed with condensation (water from exhaust), The cars I did seafoam with did the same thing. Are you sure your car is burning oil?? Blue smoke is usually a sign of oil burning. Like I said, try to get a compression test or even a leak down test.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:09 PM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

let us know what happened...

i'm worried you may have damaged your engine...
Old 04-08-2007, 01:13 PM

well it has to be more then just carbon deposits. because this happened a few weeks ago. and before that. before i touched it with seafoam.

heres a picture u can still see some of the oil spots. washed out due to florida rain.

but i'm gonna burn out my tank of gas. then do a oil change and change the spark plugs. if the problem still exsists after that. then something must be wrong.

but how do u know if something bent?
Old 04-08-2007, 02:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That might be fuel on your driveway. When you start the car that can be normal. I have put a whole can in my gas before and it ran fine. You could do a leakdown test to see if you have a bent valve.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:13 PM

I just did mine today and the car ran fine. Idle is alot smoother. My car only had 39k miles and so there isn't much carbon built up. Big huge white smoke was gone in several minutes. Took her out for a 10-15 minutes of hard driving and she smooth as she car be all the way to 9k.

Just wondering that do i have to oil change or just leave like that untill my next oil change?
Old 04-08-2007, 04:13 PM

not a good thing that your car died TWICE while running it through the intake, running it through the intake is where you messed up, like someone earlier said, dont run it through all at once! your car can easily hydrolock or you can permanently damage internal parts. this is why they sell a kit that you use to inject only a LITTLE AT A TIME into the intake manifold via the PCV. do a compression test. look at your plugs, etc etc and come back here, theres nothing anyone will be able to figure out with compression numbers. the only other think i can think of is that you poured so much into the intake at once that you may have clogged your car, which would cause your car to lose power and be sluggish, might need to take it to a muffler shop and have them check, or maybe disconnect your exhaust before the cat and see if the performance improves.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:24 PM

you need to pour it slow enough so car wont die. how much gas was in ur tank? i think it says the mixture ratio on the bottle. liquid coming out from ur exhaust is pretty normal mine does that too. it's dark liquid n can't really tell what the heck that is but i think it's mostly water.

if your rod or valve is bent your car will run like a shit. and you will probably get a cel too.

i say burn up all the gas in ur tank change oil and check spark plugs and see if it gets better. oh yea check exhaust for blue/white smoke which is oil burning and it's burning oil that aint good. i had 91 accord just last year as a beater and put seafoam on oil and ran like 1000miles without any problem. i was just too lazy to change oil and i didn't really care about the damn car.

Quick Reply: seafoam