S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

SC'ed? Is it the way to go..

Old 09-04-2004, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Spankee, Boost is Boost no mater how you put it in the motor. As long as its done right it will work. The S/C has a hell of alot more then a turbo ever will because it wont make much boost till vtec. Ill give any one a ride that lives aroun here that wants to go. Ask Whites2k@16 I let him drive the car with only 320rwhp. He will soon have the only 2.5lt s2k in the U.S. If anyone with a S/C wants to run and make a vid just P/M me
Old 09-04-2004, 07:06 AM

SC S2000 > Turbo S2000

Why? No lag. I think this car would suck with lag.

Being such a small car, I think it needs to have the snappy response you get from the SC. Without it, it would just be a smaller and weaker-drivetrained Supra. Not too much fun in the corners as the engine I'm sure would feel like an off-on switch. With the SC my S2000 drives like a C5. Power everywhere, anytime, instantly!

Old 09-04-2004, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jason00S2000,Sep 4 2004, 11:06 AM
SC S2000 > Turbo S2000

Why? No lag. I think this car would suck with lag.

Being such a small car, I think it needs to have the snappy response you get from the SC. Without it, it would just be a smaller and weaker-drivetrained Supra. Not too much fun in the corners as the engine I'm sure would feel like an off-on switch. With the SC my S2000 drives like a C5. Power everywhere, anytime, instantly!
Lag?? Sorry but a SC has no real power gains till 6K rpms. It still feels stock on the bottom end. A turbo setup depending on the turbo used will start boosting around 3000-3500rpms. Thats a hell of a lot more power a lot sooner than your SC.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:59 AM

Let me put it a way they can understand, Ill race any S/C s2k thats @ 8lbs,no n2o, Ill run 8lbs and I will hand them there ass. Now you understand? The S/C has so much more lag then a turbo ever will. They dont make any power till 6000rpms. Jason00s2000, I assume you have never been in a turboed s2k. I make 75 MORE RWHP then YOU @ 5500rpms, Now who has the lag little slow one

Spankee, They just dont understand?
They get a S/C and now there fast
Old 09-05-2004, 08:02 AM

My opinion is the wrong type of blower is being used for supercharged s2ks. Someone needs to make a kit using a positive displacement supercharger.At 6psi stock internals and driveline should hold up just fine.Once people got a chance to try one of these they would forget the other two options.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:04 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ds2k1,Sep 5 2004, 10:02 AM
My opinion is the wrong type of blower is being used for supercharged s2ks. Someone needs to make a kit using a positive displacement supercharger.At 6psi stock internals and driveline should hold up just fine.Once people got a chance to try one of these they would forget the other two options.
The Comptech has been around since the early days of the S2000 and the Vortech came out a little later. A roots type blower has been seen and used on this engine and has been posted here. If it was "so" good, do you not think that in all these years, it would not have been done? Do you know something that all those other guys who have tried for years don't? Could it possibly be that the S2000 engine, its configuration, packaging and "tunability" makes this a very tough proposition?
I would have loved a blower of that type, but the pure fact is, noone has perfected one in a marketable configuration to do the job. Would you like to be the first? I imagine it would only take about a 1/4 mill $ to get one to the marketplace. Oh, and you can't cheap out like a couple of the turbo kit manufacturers did in the beginning. Those first few kits worked like crap because insufficient development and research went into them before release.
My opinion would be that those who tried soon realized that it was NOT easy (too many issues that were hard to solve cheaply, if at all) and soon "forgot" that they even tried.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Spankee,Sep 4 2004, 11:10 AM
Lag?? Sorry but a SC has no real power gains till 6K rpms. It still feels stock on the bottom end. A turbo setup depending on the turbo used will start boosting around 3000-3500rpms. Thats a hell of a lot more power a lot sooner than your SC.
He's referring to the momentary lag experienced in between shifts. That can be pretty much resolved with the new generation of ball bearing turbochargers and enough pressure relief while off throttle.

Jason had a different pulley on his S2000...11psi I believe so his made that .001psi of boost much earlier than most other S/C's out there. So he does toot along sooner...still not a C5 powerband though that's for sure

The turbo kits are much more reliable today than before because the tunning methods have improved a lot.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:50 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkturbos2k,Sep 1 2004, 10:42 PM
This is just a thought, Why a S/C when you can get a turbo for less and go faster?www.inlinepro.com just go there and look at the turbo set up. Or go to www.turbounlimited.com. My car is the black one on both sites. I ran a 12.8 @ 112mph with 320rwhp. Just think my tuurbo set up makes 75 more rwhp then a S/C s2k @ 5500 rpms. We both have the same top end power but I rape them from a dead stop. Now I have my new diff, 3in ext that Inline is going to make for the publ, and the 625cc injs. thats good for 456rwhp @ 18 lbs. GET A TURBO
Hey I've heard this line before

Check this post in street encounters....hmmmmWhere's the beef?

nuff said

fltsfshr
Old 09-05-2004, 02:37 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Spankee,Sep 4 2004, 08:25 AM
There are plenty of people that blew there motors with superchargers to, you just don't hear about them as much.
Why? Are S/C'd people more shy? Are they more proud? If you don't hear of them as much, how did you hear of them? "Plenty"? Can you quantify that with documented links? Oops, I guess not. We don't hear from them as much.

(Please don't get your tail up in a knot. I'm just funnin' with ya. It's just that your statement as a rebuttal to mine prompts a few of these ...... )
Old 09-05-2004, 08:42 PM

Hey fltsfshr,
I told you before that Ill send you some pics if you would like, I also have the time slip. Just let me know Mr Know it all

Quick Reply: SC'ed? Is it the way to go..