S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

SC Pulleys for $85...

Old 05-13-2002, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Secret? What secret? I think it is too late to keep it from Comptech from seeing how I messed with their kit since my loud mouth couldn't keep it to myself from posting on the thread.
If Comptech voids me on any warranty like something simple as bracket replacement, I know I will be able to count on the buddies here to help me to make it right with Comptech.

My size now is 3.4 inch and the one before that was around 3.85 inch.
I think you will have no problem anything above 4.25 inches with stock injectors with fuel pressure turned up just a tad.

Centrifugal blower is the most heat efficient among blowers but 3.5 inch without intercooling may be bit pushing it. You may have to retard some ignition time. You will most likely push 11-12psi by then. But who knows, you may actually still be ok. However playing safe always has its merit in the end.

I really hope the best for Wes's adventure with AEM EMS.
Even if he comes out ahead, I don't think I will be able to go down the similar road though by then it is much easier after successful pioneering. However, I really think proper piggy back is the best solution overall. I was happy to see HKS's new F-conS listed S2000 on the application list but obviously it isn't available yet. I am hoping HKS of USA will help me play with it but looks like no one is interested in that. I have in mind of going with HKS's bigger injectors and F-conS.
I was also hoping that Greddy's E-manage can have something for S2000 but even in Japan where it was available first doesn't list S2000 as its intended use. But seems like it is one of the best piggy back for the price.
Good thing is that I don't mind waiting for a while until I find some suitable solution for me and I have a good self control not to enjoy the added power to the fullest when it isn't ready to do so.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested to know as well... I have had the pressure on my fpr adjusted and then tuned down a bit with the vafc to remedy a rich/lean condition from midrange to hi rpm
Old 05-14-2002, 12:16 PM

Call the company listed above, I know I saw on their web site that they have belts too, surely they know what sizes you would need.

I'm not confident that the stock injectors will be enough, but someone needs to try. On that same topic. You could get 440cc injectors (about $80/ea) from RC Engineering that would work on the stock ECU. This might supply enough fuel for a moderate boost upgrade.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Harry and John,
I think you should definitely try the 3.85 pulley.
Unfortunately I totally threw out the belt size written on the belt pack so I cannot tell you which one will fit.
Ahh, I just wished I keep the thing for something like this.
I would suggest asking for slightly larger size than the belt size# that I gave you and get several to try to fit and return the ones that will not fit.

Please report back any changes.
Good luck guys.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:41 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Why don't you call Comptech and ask them?
Old 05-19-2002, 01:52 PM

Very cool. Hit the dyno when you have it all set up and let us know what you make
Old 05-19-2002, 11:20 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hecash
[B]I'm going to try to hit the dyno this week to get a baseline and to get a good tune on my VAFC.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:11 PM

I think I read somewhere on s2ki.com that if you get a differen pulley you will get lower boost, but faster? If true, I'd be more interested in that. Would that mean a smaller pulley?
Old 05-28-2002, 07:29 AM

Originally posted by mynameisneo
I think I read somewhere on s2ki.com that if you get a differen pulley you will get lower boost, but faster? If true, I'd be more interested in that. Would that mean a smaller pulley?
The ratio of crank pulley size to supercharger pulley size needs to be increased. You have to options, one is to increase the size of the crank pulley, the other is to decrease the size of the supercharger pulley. Both of these will cause the supercharger to spin faster, resulting in more boost. On our car there is appearantly not enough room to increase the crank pulley size.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:12 AM

You mean "more boost" earlier? or just plain more boost in the working rpm range? I guess what I'm asking is, and it may not be possible, can you get more boost to hit earlier while at the same time not increase max boost?

Quick Reply: SC Pulleys for $85...