S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

s2000 replacing syncros

Old 05-26-2011, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2000 replacing syncros

Hello,

I was wondering where on the web i can purchase new syncros for my s2000, my syncs are going bad, and i need to replace them asap,

Thanks Neerav
Old 05-28-2011, 09:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by neerredd
Hello,

I was wondering where on the web i can purchase new syncros for my s2000, my syncs are going bad, and i need to replace them asap,

Thanks Neerav
I purchased my parts from Majestic Honda. http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...RSHAFT+%281%29
Old 05-28-2011, 06:36 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

what symptoms are you having, quite often you can improve things with some adjustments without having to swap the synchros which might save you some time and money.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
what symptoms are you having, quite often you can improve things with some adjustments without having to swap the synchros which might save you some time and money.

At the moment i am experiencing a few scratches into 2nd, i got a heavier shift knob and that seemed to alleviate (a little bit) of the grinding, but i still get scratches, and also out of curiousity, i am a quart low on oil, is it bad to redline, i normally check the oil every so often, but this time it slipped my mind, i only did a 1-4 pull at the track with the oil right above the low mark. Thanks
Old 06-12-2011, 04:07 AM

I was also wondering how many quarts is it from, the high to low mark on the oil dipstick?
Old 06-12-2011, 04:27 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

It's about a quart. Keep it topped off.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Sideways
It's about a quart. Keep it topped off.

is it bad to drive it like that, or should i do it immediatly, because i went to the track and did a 1-4 gear pull with it just above the low mark, this is normal right? i got the oil change about a 1000 miles ago
Old 06-12-2011, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change your transmission fluid first before you start ordering syncros. Try Penzoil/GM Syncromesh or Amsoil MTF.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:10 AM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by neerredd
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1306636606' post='20627474

At the moment i am experiencing a few scratches into 2nd, i got a heavier shift knob and that seemed to alleviate (a little bit) of the grinding, but i still get scratches, and also out of curiousity, i am a quart low on oil, is it bad to redline, i normally check the oil every so often, but this time it slipped my mind, i only did a 1-4 pull at the track with the oil right above the low mark. Thanks
You likely don't need synchros. Check your clutch fluid if it is dark and the reservoir is dirty swap out the fluid and clean out the reservoir, do a couple flushes over the course of a few days. Check the clearance on the clutch rod and close it up if it is more than a 1\4 inch, it's a simple adjustment done under the dash. While you are underdash feel around with your hand in the area of the clutch rod and see if you feel any clutch fluid dripping down there as you may have a leak. If you do have a leak swapping to new clean fluid can often stop the leakage, otherwise you may have a bad clutch mc. How old is the tranny fluid ?, consider swapping out the tranny fluid if it has more than 7,000 miles on it with Honda MTF2. For about $20 in fluids and a free clutch rod adjustment you might be able to solve your problems rather than spending a ton of money opening up the tranny.

Never run the car in hard driving conditions with the oil near the Low mark , you risk oil starvation issues which can scuff a cylinder. Topping oil off is the easiest thing to do on the car, check it regularly - once a week, and definitely before any track day.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:45 PM

ok thanks, i went out and bought some synthetic blend oil, like honda put in my car, but its not the honda name brand its castrol, is it ok to mix the two different brands, even tho, they are both 10w-30. Thanks, im going to switch to fully synthetic soon

Quick Reply: s2000 replacing syncros