S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

s2000 repair and issues :(

Old 05-28-2012, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by takeshi
You might want to search (always a good idea) on the trunk water issue. There are definitely prior threads. IIRC the vent flap and tail lights are common entry points.

Originally Posted by jayythegreat' timestamp='1338161365' post='21733706
I cant diagnose the check engine light because I assume that because of my after marker speakers and HU that the OBD won't communicate with my car.
What do your HU and speakers have to do with OBD? Don't assume.

Well I read up on it, that the installation of the HU could mess with the OBD. Thats the only reason I can think of for the car not communicating with the OBD tool/
Old 05-28-2012, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Thateguhate
The code needs to be cleared in order for it to go away. That's why its still on even though you fixed it..

As far as the top goes you might wanna just replace the entire top/seals. No since dicking around with patching etc. If you are getting water in the trunk you might wanna track where the water channels run to make sure you don't have something blocking it. If there is debris in there I can see why you would have water in there but otherwise its beyond me

I thought if it was gas cap after 3 trips or so it would go away on its on? Since the gas tank is pressurized and when the CEL cycle checks again and its fixed that the light would disappear.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by jayythegreat
Originally Posted by Thateguhate' timestamp='1338166619' post='21733818
The code needs to be cleared in order for it to go away. That's why its still on even though you fixed it..

As far as the top goes you might wanna just replace the entire top/seals. No since dicking around with patching etc. If you are getting water in the trunk you might wanna track where the water channels run to make sure you don't have something blocking it. If there is debris in there I can see why you would have water in there but otherwise its beyond me

I thought if it was gas cap after 3 trips or so it would go away on its on? Since the gas tank is pressurized and when the CEL cycle checks again and its fixed that the light would disappear.
You don't even know for sure that they are related, you need to get the CEL code pulled. It could be something else entirely.

I am also really doubting that your new HU has anything to do with this. Can you link what you read that is leading you to that line of thinking?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:47 PM

I just googled the error message on the obd tool at two different places. The error was something like can not communicate with car.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Competitor9
I had an ex-girlfriend slash my top pretty good so I changed the top myself, I was getting water in the trunk prior to her slashing it so when I changed it and put a new soft top on I figured I would fix the problem. Well like a year went by after I changed the top and I was still getting water in the trunk. So I took out the jack and the foam piece that holds it and drilled two 1/4 inch holes in the well and I haven't got water in my trunk since. I think it's magic lol

If my EX even went near my S id wait until she had her p.o.s. car parked late on night and I would torch the effing thing with a nice gas/oil mix. Seriously id show no mercy. Effing with my S is equivalent to messing with one of my children... just knowing your ex did that to your S pisses me off...
Old 05-30-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Competitor9
There was a diy on here it took like 3 hours to get the top on. Honestly look at the interior of your car and then imagine taking everything out. Seats, roll bars, everything then you just cut out the top you currently have to get to the rain gutter and the 8 10M nuts then put the new top on the rain gutter re-install it behind the seats and then re-assemble the inside of your car. Easy as pie lol.
I've had the interior completely taken apart multiple times. Didn't phase me at all. But for some reason the rest of the fitting looks like a pain in the ass.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:56 PM

Haha one of these days the insurance premiums are going up for crazy ass girlfriends.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:00 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You can go by Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, or someplace like that and they'll hook up an OBD display and give tou the code and reset it for free.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:18 AM

i did and the obd tool could not communicate or link with my car
Old 05-31-2012, 04:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The me preface the following statement with, I am not sure if you have ever had a problem(s) with the car before and if you used the obd tool to fix it.

as far as the obd not communicating with the car. I have the AEM EMS and when I get my car inspected they always think the obd hook in on my car is broken but really its just not an ecu that can be read by an obd tool. If you didn't purchase brand new maybe just take off that drivers side kick panel and take a look.

Quick Reply: s2000 repair and issues :(