S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

s2000 repair and issues :(

Old 05-27-2012, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2000 repair and issues :(

I HAVE QUITE A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 2000 HONDA S2000. FIRST OFF I RECENTLY BROKE MY GAS CAP BY OVER TURNING IT AND AFTER A WEEK OR SO THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON I ALSO WAS DUE FOR AN OIL CHANGE FOR A FEW THOUSAND MILES. I HAVE REPLACED THE OIL AND GAS CAP AND ITS BEEN A WEEK AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS STILL ON. NEXT OFF IS THE INTERIOR LEAKS WATER ALONG THE WINDOW SEALS, AND THERE IS SLIGHT RIPS IN THE SOFT TOP. AND THIRD OFF IS THAT WATER FINDS ITS WAY INTO THE TRUNK WELL. ITS ONLY IN THE WELL OF THE TRUNK AND NO WHERE ELSE IN THE TRUNK. THIS MIGHT BE DUE TO THE "DAMAGED" SOFT TOP.

just so man issues

I wonder if replacing the entire soft top and strikers will fix the water in trunk issue and the leak along the windows on the inside of the car.

PS I cant diagnose the check engine light because I assume that because of my after marker speakers and HU that the OBD won't communicate with my car. I pray that its something as simple as the gas cap issue
Old 05-27-2012, 04:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The code needs to be cleared in order for it to go away. That's why its still on even though you fixed it..

As far as the top goes you might wanna just replace the entire top/seals. No since dicking around with patching etc. If you are getting water in the trunk you might wanna track where the water channels run to make sure you don't have something blocking it. If there is debris in there I can see why you would have water in there but otherwise its beyond me
Old 05-27-2012, 05:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might want to search (always a good idea) on the trunk water issue. There are definitely prior threads. IIRC the vent flap and tail lights are common entry points.

Originally Posted by jayythegreat
I cant diagnose the check engine light because I assume that because of my after marker speakers and HU that the OBD won't communicate with my car.
What do your HU and speakers have to do with OBD? Don't assume.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an ex-girlfriend slash my top pretty good so I changed the top myself, I was getting water in the trunk prior to her slashing it so when I changed it and put a new soft top on I figured I would fix the problem. Well like a year went by after I changed the top and I was still getting water in the trunk. So I took out the jack and the foam piece that holds it and drilled two 1/4 inch holes in the well and I haven't got water in my trunk since. I think it's magic lol
Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Competitor9
I had an ex-girlfriend slash my top pretty good so I changed the top myself, I was getting water in the trunk prior to her slashing it so when I changed it and put a new soft top on I figured I would fix the problem. Well like a year went by after I changed the top and I was still getting water in the trunk. So I took out the jack and the foam piece that holds it and drilled two 1/4 inch holes in the well and I haven't got water in my trunk since. I think it's magic lol

if my ex slashed my top i would beat the shit out of her. lol....
Old 05-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Your 'CAPS LOCK' seems to be giving you issues as well.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by zdave87
Your 'CAPS LOCK' seems to be giving you issues as well.
Werd...
Old 05-28-2012, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Competitor9

How "fun" was changing out the top?

Mine looks lke shit
Old 05-28-2012, 12:50 PM

There was a diy on here it took like 3 hours to get the top on. Honestly look at the interior of your car and then imagine taking everything out. Seats, roll bars, everything then you just cut out the top you currently have to get to the rain gutter and the 8 10M nuts then put the new top on the rain gutter re-install it behind the seats and then re-assemble the inside of your car. Easy as pie lol.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:00 PM

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/448...a-robbins-top/

Thats the diy i used to do mine. Pretty straight forward stuff.

Quick Reply: s2000 repair and issues :(