S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

S2000 CR new to me coolant smell and small leak.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:24 AM

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by BrewDay09
That hose in pictures 1 and 2 looks to be oversized and the PO cranked down on the worm gear to try to get it to seal. I think you can remedy that leak with a properly sized hose and new hose clamp (assuming you can find one).
Thought the same thing. That or the hose is swollen and is no good. But in either case you likely need to replace it. Worm drive clamps work fine if used properly. The benefits of the constant pressure clamps are that they do not effectively get looser over time and you dont have to worry about over or under tightening them. So they are better clamps and you should try to get some to replace these. However, be careful as I have had LOTS of aftermarket constant pressure clamps that do not apply half the pressure as the OEM ones. I use the aftermarket ones for smaller items like catch can lines and stuff, but make sure any aftermarket ones you get are up to the job at hand and not flimsy pieces of crap like a lot of them.
The following users liked this post:
08S2kBBCR (07-27-2021)
Old 07-27-2021, 08:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys. I just posted a thread trying to find the right part numbers for the hoses. I’m putting a big parts order together for the CR right now and struggling to figure out which hose that is. The parts diagram isn’t very helpful.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:30 AM

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

Another spot to check is the return hose to the block. Mine was leaking just enough to smell but not showing itself on the ground
Old 07-28-2021, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by starchland
Another spot to check is the return hose to the block. Mine was leaking just enough to smell but not showing itself on the ground
have a picture on a parts diagram?
Old 08-08-2021, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
Right on.

All the smaller heater hoses are 5/16 (8mm) ID from the factory. A little tricky to find. I found it by the foot at NAPA.

I see a lot of ppl just giving up and using 5/16 fuel hose instead of EPDM heater hose because 5/16 fuel hose is everywhere.

Never give up, I say.
I got some heater hose 5/16” OD with a 7.9mm ID by the foot at pep boys, pressure tested the cooling system and found a drip there. I also had my big order of OEM hoses, clamps and much more show up. I’m not sure if the OEM clamps will fit over the AM 5/16” hose and secure it sufficiently. I got some fuel hose screw clamps that are the decent kind that don’t dig into the hose.

When you replaced your hoses did you use OEM spring clamps or other spring clamps for the small TB heater hoses. The factory hoses are still in their packaging since I don’t have the proper tube (discontinued?) and I’d prefer to leave the TB bypass some.