S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

S2000 Clutch

Old 07-06-2001, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Clutch

Hello You all!
I'm needing a new clutch for my s2000. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good aftermarket clutch to get for it. The Honda one isn't too great. I talked to my honda dealer today and it seems like i have to get a new clutch everytime i get an oil change. At least that was the way it sounded when i talked to the honda guy. If the s2000 is a high performance car, shouldn't it have high performance parts??? some may agree with me and some may not, but i only have 8000 miles on my car and haven't driven it hard. If anyone knows of a good aftermarket clutch to get, please tell me cuz i would greatly appreciate it
thanks
all of you fellow honda s2000 owners
Old 07-06-2001, 12:13 PM

I agree that the stock unit sucks big time. Mine was replace under warranty and I have started to feel a slight slip when pushing the car hard.

Options?

ACT has a pressure plate/disc
Mugen has a pressure plate
Spoon has a pressure plate/disc
Old 07-06-2001, 07:24 PM

I'm having my TSB done sometime this month and have lined up the ACT Clutch/Pressure Plate and TODA flywheel for installation instead of the the replacement stock parts.

We'll see how they feel. Check out Greg Steven's thread on Lightened Flywheels for more info...
Old 07-07-2001, 02:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe - I'm planning a similar thing when my car goes in for the clutch TSB, but I'm simply adding a pressure plate. From discussions with others on this board it sounds like the ACT clutch street disk is a stock Honda part. So, I'm hoping that the dealer will replace the clutch disk under the TSB and install the pressure plate that I provide. Is there anything special about the ACT street disk that I'm not aware of?
Old 07-07-2001, 04:59 AM

I don't know if it's a joke but in Italy Honda is telling to its dealers to reassure the S2K owners because after this summer will be ready a total new clutch unit very silent and also stronger than the old clutch. I'm waiting......... without so much hope!
Old 07-09-2001, 11:03 PM

Get the Spoon clutch...
Old 07-10-2001, 06:38 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally posted by CoralDoc
Joe - I'm planning a similar thing when my car goes in for the clutch TSB, but I'm simply adding a pressure plate. From discussions with others on this board it sounds like the ACT clutch street disk is a stock Honda part. So, I'm hoping that the dealer will replace the clutch disk under the TSB and install the pressure plate that I provide. Is there anything special about the ACT street disk that I'm not aware of?
ACT says they do nothing to it but mark it up
Old 07-10-2001, 06:52 AM

Got $$$$. Check out the ATS on my other post here.
Old 07-10-2001, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by CoralDoc
The difference in the two discs is not physical it is the copper compound particles ground into the material to render it more abrassive, but DO take a look at Pepes post of the ACT clutch & flywheel, LOOKS AWESOME!
Old 07-10-2001, 10:39 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally posted by 4373

The difference in the two discs is not physical it is the copper compound particles ground into the material to render it more abrassive, but DO take a look at Pepes post of the ACT clutch & flywheel, LOOKS AWESOME!
4373, copper compound particles? Make sure you don't smoke too many
Let me repeat myself, "ACT street disk for the S2000 IS a stock Honda part, unaltered!" (except $

Quick Reply: S2000 Clutch