S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

S2000 alarm settings

Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 alarm settings

Just purchased my 2004 S2000 and the alarm seems to auto set and the doors seem to lock on there own - Both a pain!
I have had 2 x 2004's in the past and neither did this! I have the 3 button fob.

Can this mode be reset?
Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure can... if we're talking about the factory alarm, here's how to do it.

On the alarm box (under the driver's seat), there is a switch with three positions - Auto Lock, Auto, Manual.

Jim
Old 05-30-2012, 01:06 PM

Just had a quick look and I cannot see anything under the seat - I am sure it is a factory alarm?
Old 05-30-2012, 10:17 PM

The box is supposed to be fastened to the bottom of the seat, although someone could have relocated it, I guess.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:35 AM

Are you sure it's an alarm? I know that the S will auto lock if you unlock it but don't open the door within a few seconds. Happens to me when I go unlock the car but go to the trunk first. I can hear the doors relock before I get to them.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:50 AM

Ok, time to play the ignorant one here. I just bought my 2004 a week and a half ago. There was no owner's manual with it and I have been unsuccessful so far in finding an online copy of it. Do all the 2004's have a factory alarm on them? Or is the alarm an option that some won't have? My FOB has Lock, Unlock, Trunk, and Panic....if that helps figure it out at all.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Maestro
Ok, time to play the ignorant one here. I just bought my 2004 a week and a half ago. There was no owner's manual with it and I have been unsuccessful so far in finding an online copy of it. Do all the 2004's have a factory alarm on them? Or is the alarm an option that some won't have? My FOB has Lock, Unlock, Trunk, and Panic....if that helps figure it out at all.
DJ -

The alarm fobs look the same as the regular one, but the "Trunk" button is labeled "Option" on the Honda alarm fob. They are not interchangeable as far as I can tell. If you have a Honda alarm, the original fob (like yours) will still lock/unlock the doors, but will not enable or disable the alarm.

OP -

The behavior you are describing is like the Honda alarm set in "Auto Lock" mode. Check your fob and see if the third button is labeled "Trunk" or "Option". If is says "Option", then it is almost sure that you have the Honda alarm, and you just need to look a little harder to find the box.

Oh - as far as I know, the Honda alarm was not installed at the factory, but was a dealer installed option only.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:55 AM

Ok lets presume this is just the auto lock mode - my fob has boot/lock/unlock buttons and as I am in the UK I believe the alarm was Honda UK fitted.......
Old 06-01-2012, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by amphimike
Ok lets presume this is just the auto lock mode - my fob has boot/lock/unlock buttons and as I am in the UK I believe the alarm was Honda UK fitted.......
Well, my comments were aimed at US market cars, didn't know you were in the UK. I know there are lots of differences in non-US cars and things we don't see over here (headlight washers?), so if your fob is labeled "Boot" instead of "Trunk", that's one indication.

Anyway, have you had any luck finding the alarm box? Since your car is RHD, it might be under the passenger's seat!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Alf_09NFR
Originally Posted by amphimike' timestamp='1338566103' post='21746261
Well, my comments were aimed at US market cars. I know there are lots of differences in non-US cars and things we don't see over here (headlight washers?), so if your fob is labeled "Boot" instead of "Trunk", that's one indication.

Anyway, have you had any luck finding the alarm box? Since your car is RHD, it might be under the passenger's seat!
No, had a look under both seats and nothing there. I know from my other 2 cars that nothing was under the seats as I had them out to swap the bases to minimise bolster wear.

Quick Reply: S2000 alarm settings