S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

S2000 Alarm

Old 02-19-2007, 01:10 PM
KO1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Alarm

Hi

I have a 53 reg S2k that I bought second hand about 6 months ago. I have not had any trouble with it until recently!!!

The alarm started to go off for no reason at all. I would go out and turn it off, but it would go off again about 10 mins later. This happened a few times but then today I was driving down a duel carriageway and the engine cut out. I still had all electrical functions, but the engine just went dead. I coasted to a stop and tried to restart the engine. There was no responce from the start button (the little red immobilisation light was not flashing). I waited for a few minutes, I tried to set the alarm but there was no response from the indicators. After a few attempts the indicator lights flashed and the alarm armed. I unarmed and started the car, IT WORKED!!!

I drove home and then ever since the alarm has been going off (even when it isn't set)!

Has anyone ever experienced this before?

KO
Old 02-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Is it a OEM alarm or has an aftermarket alarm been added to the car?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:00 AM
KO1

The alarm was fitted when it was bought. It is operated from the key fob.

Thanks

KO
Old 02-20-2007, 04:04 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Is it the Honda fob or something else?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd suggest pulling the OEM alarm out and putting in something that actually accomplishes something useful.

Apart from the immobilizer (which is part of the car rather than the OEM alarm) all the OEM alarm does is act as a noisemaker.

Noisemakers do not scare thieves away. Noisemakers do not motivate your neighbors to call the police. They're worthless except for the fact that some insurance companies will give you a tiny break in payments if you have one.

And they're more likely to turn your neighbors against you then get them on your side.

You hear car alarms going off all the time. When's the last time you heard one and thought "Oh my God! Someone's stealing that car! I should call the police!" Statistically, almost never.

All a thief has to do is look embarassed, aybe shruch and point at his keychain and say something like "I think the keychain batery's dead. Sorry!" and people will glare at him for letting his car's stupid alarm ruin their peace and quiet.

Instead, get an alarm that does something to notify someone that the car's being tampered with and/or prevent the car from being moved.

For example, the current generation of LoJack has the ability to notify you via email, text message or cell phone if your car moves without you present. This lets you report the car stolen as soon as the theft starts to happen so the police can start tracking your car immediately, often getting the car back in as little as 15 minutes after the thief first moves the car.

Other options are thinks like automatic fuel cutoffs
Old 02-20-2007, 01:32 PM
KO1

It is operated from the Honda key fob.

Does anyone know how to disconnect the factory fitted alarm?
Old 02-23-2007, 10:29 AM

Look one up in the Honda acessories in the internet the instructions are there as a pdf file
Old 02-23-2007, 12:28 PM
KO1

Sorry to appear a bit thick (i'm not very good on computers) LOL. I can't find the link that you are talking about, could you please post it on here?

Many thanks

KO
Old 02-23-2007, 04:07 PM

The first one is the accesory site, the second is the PDF file how to install you should be able to read this and uninstall. I installed the factory alarm perchased on this web sit in my 06 in about three hours.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000.html

http://www.handa-accessories.com/S20...0security5.pdf
Old 10-12-2011, 12:38 PM
00derek

Originally Posted by oldiron1
The first one is the accesory site, the second is the PDF file how to install you should be able to read this and uninstall. I installed the factory alarm perchased on this web sit in my 06 in about three hours.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000.html

http://www.handa-accessories.com/S20...0security5.pdf

Does anyone have the pdf Instruction Manual for the S2000 OEM alarm system; not installation, but operation?

Failing that, how do I re-enable the alarm if it has been disabled using the kill switch?

Quick Reply: S2000 Alarm