S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

RPM linked whining sound after installing aftermarket TCT

Old 11-07-2017, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by 912S2k
Hearing that is not promising, if I don't hear from them today I will be going to same route.
Yeah, mine was on top of paying for shipping with tracking. It was brand new and in the exact packaging that they sent it to me in, and they still took out their restock fee of $68.75... even after telling me they wouldn't when I called. Guess I should've known when they didn't take my name down. Hope you at least get a response. Good luck!
Old 11-07-2017, 07:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Horrible customer service
Old 11-07-2017, 09:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Update: When I spoke with Alex at Ballade he told me to send it back to the address on their website but failed to mention there is a suite number associated with their building. So now I have a $300 lost part. Please anyone looking to purchase a TCT do yourself a favor and do not purchase from Ballade. You will regret it.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:24 AM

If I had seen this before purchasing my TCT I would have never purchased it.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:37 AM

Received 115 Likes on 105 Posts

Idk why people still keep going to Ballade. Idk why people are still fans of Ballade to this day.

I think they're popular because their marketing strategy is very good (JDM-like and Spoon-like) and caters/attracts younger rice-boys and JDM fanboys very easily.

A lot/most of the negative reviews about them have been deleted from S2ki (so maybe that's why people still keep going to them).

He wanted to sue me and contacted a lawyer because I posted a negative (but Honest) review about him and Ballade.

Read my old post for details (my build thread in particular).

To keep it short - I went to have a PPI when I first bought my s2k... they didn't do anything except do a compression check, so they could give me bad numbers and try to up-sell me parts that weren't even remotely related to compression (their "timing correction gear" or a full head rebuild). He told me their "timing correction gear" would fix the low compression in cylinder #1 (which we all know doesn't/cannot affect compression at all, lol lol). Whackest PPI ever... didn't check anything - didn't check the frame undercarriage or panels for collision, didn't check motor mounts, didn't check brake/clutch master cylinders, didn't put it up on the lift, didn't check anything at all.
The following users liked this post:
Chibo (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jah2000
Idk why people still keep going to Ballade. Idk why people are still fans of Ballade to this day.

I think they're popular because their marketing strategy is very good (JDM-like and Spoon-like) and caters/attracts younger rice-boys and JDM fanboys very easily.

A lot/most of the negative reviews about them have been deleted from S2ki (so maybe that's why people still keep going to them).

He wanted to sue me and contacted a lawyer because I posted a negative (but Honest) review about him and Ballade.

Read my old post for details (my build thread in particular).

To keep it short - I went to have a PPI when I first bought my s2k... they didn't do anything except do a compression check, so they could give me bad numbers and try to up-sell me parts that weren't even remotely related to compression (their "timing correction gear" or a full head rebuild). He told me their "timing correction gear" would fix the low compression in cylinder #1 (which we all know doesn't/cannot affect compression at all, lol lol). Whackest PPI ever... didn't check anything - didn't check the frame undercarriage or panels for collision, didn't check motor mounts, didn't check brake/clutch master cylinders, didn't put it up on the lift, didn't check anything at all.
I will be leaving a negative review on every social media they use. I do not want people going through this headache.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:12 AM

Update: After emailing Alex that once the part is in his possession I want a full refund I have not heard from him. My credit card company has issued a refund to me already.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 912S2k
Update: After emailing Alex that once the part is in his possession I want a full refund I have not heard from him. My credit card company has issued a refund to me already.
Sounds like you took care of step one...now time to take care of step 2..order a new oem one from honda which at least won't overtension the chain, or get the proven and reliable billman tct
Old 11-09-2017, 08:07 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by honda4eva89
Sounds like you took care of step one...now time to take care of step 2..order a new oem one from honda which at least won't overtension the chain, or get the proven and reliable billman tct
The Honda part will eventually fail again, the Billman part will not. Do yourself a favor and do it right.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by honda4eva89
I'm going with Billman's, I just have to send him my stock TCT first.

Quick Reply: RPM linked whining sound after installing aftermarket TCT