S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Review on 'Ground' Wiring -- PEC and stuff (long...)

Old 11-24-2001, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review on 'Ground' Wiring -- PEC and stuff (long...)

Just wanted to post my experience with ground wiring.

I know there's been a couple of threads regarding 'Powered Earth Cable' and the gains it claims. It seems that everyone (myself included) was very skeptical of this product or of the overall theory. But, this mod is very common in Japan and a bunch of companies have based their offerings completely around the theory of ground wiring.

My basic understanding of this 'mod' is as follows: The engine bay/compartment generates excess/waste electrical fields from specific areas. Ground wiring runs a ground wire from these spots to the ground of the battery, thus converting this wasted energy to benefitial 'work'. I don't want to say 'power' or 'horses' or whatever -- let's just say 'work'.

So, I contacted AJ-Racing about this and I was surprised to find out that ground wiring is one of the fundamental/basic mods that they always do. I decided to go ahead with it thanks to the great deal they hooked me up with -- I figured that what did I have to lose? BTW, thanks again Ben and Alan and the AJ-R crew!!!

After all was said and done I was very happy with the results! Keep in mind that I was very skeptical about this entire mod, but the butt dyno was very pleased. Gains are in low-end pick-up and overall throttle response. I definitely felt these gains!!

Spoon AP1 drove my car to see if he can feel the gains as well -- and he did! Pete -- wanna add anything here?

Anyways, just wanted to pass on my personal experience with ground wiring. I'm a believer now -- I wonder what the Japanese tuners will come up with next???
Old 11-24-2001, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, I guess you couldn't wait around for me to try it out and report it to you.

Well, good for you.

I also have one sitting around but haven't installed it yet.
Give us some photo snap of the ground wire you used, it would be interesting to compare what I have.

Glad it worked out for you.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:12 PM

Randy, I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing -- I thought the product you were trying out was similar to 'SEV'? That's the air flow ionizer thingy right?
Old 11-24-2001, 09:26 PM
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Shamu:
Could you please post pictures of where all this "wiring" went to? I work at a stereo shop so I know I can get a hold of losts of high end power wire(4 aug) that would be used to ground everything.

I am interested in doing this myself to see if there really is power to be had.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:34 PM

Pinky -- you have PM.
Old 11-25-2001, 05:30 AM

I don't mean to sound skeptical, but why don't car manufacturers do this?

Are there any negative side effects?
Old 11-25-2001, 05:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh Shamu,

NSEV usage is in conjunctino with ground or Earthing wires.
There seems to be many points where ground wires connect to and the advanced SEV bands themselves have soldered wires that connects to the grounding section.

I have small problem with air pump at the moment so when the fix is done I will install the ground wires and share the result with photos and shortly after NSEV bands will be installed.

Meanwhile if you can take some photos and share with us.
I suppose I can take photos of my wire itself uninstalled so we can see what it looks like. But later...

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2001, 10:55 AM

Randy -- which spots are you planning to ground? It'd be cool to compare what AJ-R used for ground points, and what you and your friends will use.

As for pics, I'm digitally-challenged, but I'll try to get some scanned in. The ground wires are well-hidden though -- although you can see the 'distributor' box and the wire to the ground of the battery...I'll see what I can do.
Old 11-25-2001, 11:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shamu
[B]
My basic understanding of this 'mod' is as follows:
Old 11-25-2001, 01:55 PM
JRM

-- I don't want to start another flame war, but this mod seems like the same kind of snake oil as the SEV device. (Has anyone won that bet over whether SEV will generate any gains? Nope, and no one ever will.)
Tang, I agree with you. Nothing to be ashamed of cause there was a wise old shister call, PT Barnum that said,"There's a sucker born every minute!" Everybody gets sucked into something at least once in their life. Anything else that I would add will be a shot to Shamu. If it trips your trigger go ahead. Just don't count on anything showing up on a dyno.

This is more of that herbs, roots and natural chemicals thing. Unregulated, unproven, and in somecases very, very dangerous to a persons health. What you don't know won't hurt you, right? I don't think so in this case. I just hope you didn't drop alot of money on it.

Cheers

Jeff

Quick Reply: Review on 'Ground' Wiring -- PEC and stuff (long...)