S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Results after Comptech Super.

Old 09-07-2004, 04:39 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I think you might be comparing apples and oranges here. Not sure which turbo kits you are referring to but most of the kits come with at least an E-manage or require a proper tuning solution. Set up an SC with equivalent tuning and you won't see much in the way of peak difference.

The place where a turbo out performs the S2000 SC kits is the mid range. A well set up turbo can reach usuable boost in the mid range whereas the SCs won't. This leads me to your point about power out of a corner. With the S2000 SC kits unless you enter the corner in a low gear and high revs you won't have instant power out of the corner as you'll be out of boost range.

So if your point is that turbo has an advantage over SC then you are correct, but for all the wrong reasons.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:50 PM
dut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- I wasn't impressed at all either...
- I think its the 'lack of torque' is why I was not impressed...
- im pretty sure its fast, but does not FEEL fast..
Old 09-07-2004, 06:19 PM

Drive the car and find another car that would normally give the S2k good run like an SRT 4. Then slam the doors on him. There's very few daily driven cars that will keep up with your car if it's set up properly. The SC will not give you low end power. But once you're moving you'll catch most daily driven cars on the road.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:36 PM

Then the SRT-4 spends well UNDER $200 and blows the doors off your $5,500+ MODIFIED S2000.

And the SRT-4 will drive entirely like stock without problems like...oh I dunno...a clutch slipping to sh*t.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:38 PM

Thanks for all the replies!! Well, I just wanna clear up some misunderstandings. The supercharged Honda S2000 isn't mines, it is my cousin's car. I guess we just need to race another car and find out how fast it is....

My cousin and I both own a Honda S2000... mines is a 03 NFR Stock S2k. His is the 01 Silver Comptech Supercharged with aftercooler S2k. Well, maybe this weekend we will be able to get it dynoed. I will try and see if I can race him to see the differences. Again thanks for all the replies and concern/advice you guys are giving me.

-Alan
Old 09-07-2004, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Vortech was installed this summer and I think it really is significantly faster. I didn't think so at first but it is really fast 6-9, 7-9 especially. But what I liked the most was 4-6 where there was slightly more than stock which made the car feel faster overall. Now, the reason why i say it is much faster is because of 2 reasons. 1, my belt fell off and im stock again and it is slow as hell compared to before, sucks driving it. 2, I think the rush from 7-9 is really awesome, scary even. At night when its cool, it pulls hard and relentless.

Check your belt tension

Dyno it

Then re-assess your opnion of the kit.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Anthonymv,Sep 7 2004, 11:32 PM
My Vortech was installed this summer and I think it really is significantly faster. I didn't think so at first but it is really fast 6-9, 7-9 especially. But what I liked the most was 4-6 where there was slightly more than stock which made the car feel faster overall. Now, the reason why i say it is much faster is because of 2 reasons. 1, my belt fell off and im stock again and it is slow as hell compared to before, sucks driving it. 2, I think the rush from 7-9 is really awesome, scary even. At night when its cool, it pulls hard and relentless.

Check your belt tension

Dyno it

Then re-assess your opnion of the kit.
Thanks bro, none the less I can't wait to get it dynoed. The belt is snug and tight.

-Alan
Old 09-08-2004, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Sep 7 2004, 07:39 PM
I think you might be comparing apples and oranges here. Not sure which turbo kits you are referring to but most of the kits come with at least an E-manage or require a proper tuning solution. Set up an SC with equivalent tuning and you won't see much in the way of peak difference.

The place where a turbo out performs the S2000 SC kits is the mid range. A well set up turbo can reach usuable boost in the mid range whereas the SCs won't. This leads me to your point about power out of a corner. With the S2000 SC kits unless you enter the corner in a low gear and high revs you won't have instant power out of the corner as you'll be out of boost range.

So if your point is that turbo has an advantage over SC then you are correct, but for all the wrong reasons.
Not really a turbo kit builds about 40 more hp that a supercharger and way more torque. go to www.ultimate-racing.com it shows dynos of both a vortech and comptech supercharger neither are making near as much power as a turbo. Also if you have read anything about SC you should know they shave .1 or at the most .2 where as turbo s2000's on stock tires and aftermarket exhaust are running 12.7's. Ask anyone from vortech or comptech superchagers are made for road racing. Also a supercharger has no lag so it doesn't matter really what gear your in, if you enter a corner in 2nd gear at 40 mph it doesnt matter ur still going to have the instant power as you come out because there is no lag. I would know man I go to college for this shit.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:00 PM

on their site, which SC kit is the comptech and which one is the vortech?
Old 09-08-2004, 02:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=VTECturbo04,Sep 9 2004, 07:25 AM] Not really a turbo kit builds about 40 more hp that a supercharger and way more torque.

Quick Reply: Results after Comptech Super.