S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Relocating Fender Tabs?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Relocating Fender Tabs?

So, my car will be up on blocks for a week until my new wheels arrive..
I'm currently sitting on CR struts on all fours, and Tein S-Tech springs...
I bought RPF-1's in the staggered 17x8 +45, 17x9 +45 fitment, and I'll be running 225/45/17s in the front, and 255/40/17s in the rear, and I'm running an agressive 'Minsoo' alignment as well. So, I'm guessing I'll have to roll my front and rear fenders, and relocate my rear fender tabs??

Okay, so question... How in the hell do you relocate the rear fender tabs? I'm a little lost here?

And as far as rolling the fronts, you lose the christmas tree snap-in hole mounts for the fender liner, so when tucking the fender liner into the rolled lip on the inside of the fender, can you still remove the fender liner from time to time when working on your car for other things, or will the fender liner be pinched into the fender by the lip after rolling? I've heard of others zip-tying the fender liner into the rolled lip snap-in mount holes, since the christmas tree snaps won't fit into them anymore... How does this generally hold up?

Last question.. when rolling the fenders, what is the blow dryer used for???? LMAO.

Thanks much for your help guys!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:36 AM

btw.. thought I would make a point in saying, but I currently don't rub one bit right now on my stock AP2 wheels, with the alignment, same size tires, and springs.... so, not really knowing if the new wheels will make them rub.. but yea, any input??
Old 03-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Demel, drill and longer screws.

Cut off the tabs smooth. Get longer bolts that are self-tapping and screw the bumper back to the body (maybe 2" or so back).
(optional, coat with underbody spray).
Old 03-20-2009, 08:46 PM

The blow-dryer is supposed to be a heat gun, it's used to heat up the paint where the fender is being rolled. Prevents the paint from cracking.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry14909750

scroll down and you'll see a pics of relocated bumper tabs
Old 03-22-2009, 04:56 AM

PM Me if you want to see an example of this looks and works in person Tylor. My rear fenders and rolled and they have the tabs relocated as well. Lowered an inch on Eibach with 265/35/18 on 18x9.5 +55. Will not rub on even the worst bumps around Atlanta. It only rubs when I am doing aggressive driving on S2kAtlanta drives- and you know those can get fairly spirited.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:08 AM

^Yea, I think I might take you up on that for sure.. and wow, that is a BIG WHEEL/TIRE combo... holy shit! Yea, I've been on QUITE a few club drives, I definitely know how those usually turn out.. hahahaha

Btw, I currently don't have wheels on my car right now, sold them on Friday... I'm waiting on my new wheels to get here this week, lol. I'm thinking once I get them later this week, we can meet somewhere so I can check them out

Thanks!!!