S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Rattling and a deep clutch :( HELP!

Old 05-20-2013, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling and a deep clutch :( HELP!

Sooo im about 2k from hitting 100k and shes startin to act up a little. I went on a cruise the other night for a couple hours mostly keepin it in 6th gear on the highway. Wen i got back on base and pushed in the clutch to take it out of gear the pedal just sank to the floor. It scared the shit outta me! I pulled off to the side n then the car wouldnt go back into gear without me putting in alot of effort. Got it back to my barracks n looked at the clutch fluid. It looks like someone shit in it and it was pretty low so i turned the car on n had a buddy fill it up as i pumed the clutch. Problem solved and it went back into gear effortless. A week goes by n one morning the bitch does it again but the fluid wasnt as low as before. Added a little fluid n its fine now. Theres also some rattling from under the middle of the car.. Idk if its the tranny or just the exhaust. I tend to be parranoyed about little shit but i guess thats better than care free! Anyways id appreciate any input on this! Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2chillin
Sooo im about 2k from hitting 100k and shes startin to act up a little. I went on a cruise the other night for a couple hours mostly keepin it in 6th gear on the highway. Wen i got back on base and pushed in the clutch to take it out of gear the pedal just sank to the floor. It scared the shit outta me! I pulled off to the side n then the car wouldnt go back into gear without me putting in alot of effort. Got it back to my barracks n looked at the clutch fluid. It looks like someone shit in it and it was pretty low so i turned the car on n had a buddy fill it up as i pumed the clutch. Problem solved and it went back into gear effortless. A week goes by n one morning the bitch does it again but the fluid wasnt as low as before. Added a little fluid n its fine now. Theres also some rattling from under the middle of the car.. Idk if its the tranny or just the exhaust. I tend to be parranoyed about little shit but i guess thats better than care free! Anyways id appreciate any input on this! Thanks!
Notice any leaks? Clutch master could leak on the inside of the car where your feet are. Check the carpets. Mine did this but ended up being the line that goes on the slave.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 AM

Ill check that.. Thanks! Any idea on the rattling?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2chillin
Ill check that.. Thanks! Any idea on the rattling?
Idk. I get rattling underneath, I think its my test pipe, whatever is inside. You should check trans mounts, engine mounts.. does the engine shake a lot? Does it rattle while idling, sitting? Or driving. Check bolts from driveshaft. Catalytic rattle?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:41 PM

Its possible that you got air into your clutch! As in thats why the pedal dropped to the floor as there was no fluid to keep the slave cylinder pressured enough to push the pedal back up. Flush your fluid and check the slave cylinder for leaks and the clutch lines. But do you tranny a favor and don't force her into gear...she is telling you something is wrong