S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Random misfire after overrev

Old 09-11-2009, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's interesting how it turned out, but he doesn't even know that he broke it. It was near the end of the drive when it happened and the light didn't come on till I got back in the car later. I haven't told him what happened to it. He lives almost 200 miles away too, so that's kinda weird. I'm going to bring it up with him, but I don't know him really well so I'm not sure how it will come out. It's actually my cousins boyfriend.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:19 PM

Only my favorite s2k buds get to drive my car,cuss they know what they are doing.Dirty shame Gamble,hope u get her resolved,life is for learning
Old 09-11-2009, 04:02 PM

O.o That looks great.

How much hp you getting out of that?

After this, I've decided that only me and my dad will be driving the car unless I either REALLY trust the person or if there's a smokin hot girl that wants to drive it. Girls aren't going to drive it hard enough to matter if they misshift. I let one girl drive it who had a mustang and she wouldn't rev the car past 4k. And she was a pilot!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:25 AM

Gamble...

You remind me when I was 19. i bought the car by myself and then didn't know any better, kept high revving it and then the oil burnt out, but I paid $3,400 with my own cash, out of my own pocket (lucky you got your dad to help, my parents basically told me it's my car, my problem) replacing the engine (not rebuilding it or replacing retainers) and learned a thoughful lesson. Believe me, when you get to my age (21), you will know better to not let anyone else drive your car.

But anyhow $500 isin't anything at all for that kind of repair, better to be SAFE than sorry, and you are the one that said "i rather get free advice from this forum" and here you go, BETTER TO BE SAFE than SORRY, do it once and do it right
Old 09-12-2009, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Gamble,Sep 11 2009, 08:02 PM
O.o That looks great.

After this, I've decided that only me and my dad will be driving the car unless I either REALLY trust the person or if there's a smokin hot girl that wants to drive it. Girls aren't going to drive it hard enough to matter if they misshift. I let one girl drive it who had a mustang and she wouldn't rev the car past 4k. And she was a pilot!
I know plenty of girls who would rev the piss out of an S2K if given the chance. I think your predicating your future choices on a false belief system there buddy.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:16 PM

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts

op where are u located? maybe someone can loan you a hand
Old 09-12-2009, 08:57 PM

I'm in Kansas City. My dad is helping me out. I talked to a Honda Master Mechanic and he said that he's pretty sure i can do it. We're going through marking every hose and plug and listing them on paper. We're sending the head in to get it inspected and fixed, but we're pulling it ourselves. The mechanic said that I'd save nearly 2k by doing this and he said that he's really pretty sure that the two of us can take care of it and do it right.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 PM

lol at all the overrev threads
Old 09-12-2009, 10:02 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k>wrx,Sep 13 2009, 12:39 AM
lol at all the overrev threads
Why because it is funny when someone else messes their shit up

OP good luck there is a bit more to it then you think you have your work cut out for you. Do you atleast have a helms manual?? If not get one before you start puting it back together, and take every single measurement in the helms.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gamble,Sep 11 2009, 04:02 PM
O.o That looks great.

About 300-310 rwhp @ 6 lbs of boost.CT SC.

Quick Reply: Random misfire after overrev