S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Random Frame work needed

Old 06-15-2011, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Frame work needed

So, the story is rather short and boring. Installing my exhaust and then I decided to put my xbrace on. Before that I knew my rear subframe was screwed up from previous owners and had to be tossed. To my surprise a lot of the problem I have seem to be little thing hear and there with the frame.

Some bolts are missing in places where bolts should be.

However, I just bought some bolts and will be able to fix that easy.

Two parts though I am having trouble with.

At point points under the car, somehow the frame got rather tweaked.

Point 2:

From the picture that I quickly made, I pointed out the main area. It's near the lower a arm. The bolt hole and metal around it was pushed in.

Point 1:

The passenger side of the rear frame that attaches to the rear sub frame was arched in the middle and it is impossible for me to attached the new brace. It took me over two hours just to get the brace off. Arches/Bows in the middle, but the metal piece itself is straight outward.

I worry about the flat steel piece just bending before the frame does.

Anyone have an input that could help me?

If the crappy made demo pictures do no work, I could get under the car and take actual photos if needed.

My first solution was to get a hold of an eye bolt and use some ratchet straps to straighten in out. However, I can not find an eye bolt that would fit OD 10mm-1.25mm pitch. The second idea was to use stock bolt with a rather thick flat piece of steel with a hole for the bolt and pry that crap down. However, I much like the eye bolt idea much better but do not want to pay 60 for a custom eye bolt.