S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Quick question PSI and Stock injectors

Old 07-05-2003, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quick question PSI and Stock injectors

How many psi (before intercooler and after), can S2000 run with stock injectors without incurring in a lean A/F Ratio

I do not whan to change the injectors because that mean using a VAFC or EMS and tunning here in Spain is almost imposible due to lack of knowlege and experience

Thx
Old 07-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Spammer

Originally posted by S2000_Europe
How many psi (before intercooler and after), can S2000 run with stock injectors without incurring in a lean A/F Ratio

I do not whan to change the injectors because that mean using a VAFC or EMS and tunning here in Spain is almost imposible due to lack of knowlege and experience

Thx
For any turbo setup, an intercooler is a must, be it a big ol BBQ grill size to feed a family of 15, or a OEM shoe box size. Since we dont tune Turbos, a company like UR could answer that. I believe that the stock injectors can hold up to 6-7 PSi of boost before more fuel is required. If you are afraid of tuning a turbo i would just get a Supercharger, its plug and play. You dont need to tune the ECU, get an EMS or anything of that nature. IT will save you the headache searching for a tuner in Spain.
thanks!
Old 07-05-2003, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with no fmu, it's almost instant lean as you go in to boost. At least get a Greddy A/F gauge if you can't afford a Wideband O2 sensor kit. If you have fmu, then you will run rich on low end and fairly good on high end depend on what disc you use. Conclusion: You need to get the car tuned one way or another.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:41 AM

If your not willing to put the effort into tuning, then you will blow your car. With that said, your stock injectors just wont handle 7 psi at all. You need at least an FMU to support it if your not going to upgrade your injectors. I would say stock injectors can handle max 3 psi, and that would be pointless. For what you'd spend to do that you might as well buy a superchager kit.

Kevin
Old 07-06-2003, 02:03 AM
Spammer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elements
[B]If your not willing to put the effort into tuning, then you will blow your car.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:14 AM

due to the prlblem to tune a Emange of Vafc (I do know how to work with them) I can not tune to get that extra 15 hp when you put a Turbo or Supercharger.

Since My turbo blow a rod I have to open the engine
I can reduce the comp to 9:1,
sell the turbo and buy a SC with
9psi pulley
put bigger injectors, 440.

Does the stock ECU inject more fuel and compensate the extra air of the SC???
Old 07-06-2003, 10:06 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 4IGS2000
[B]

great info, i didnt know you needed larger injectors for 6+ PSi...
Old 07-06-2003, 01:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stock injectors are 380cc and will handle up to about 8 psi.There are a lot of turbos and Vortechs are out there running 8 psi. The problem is that the stock ecu will only drive them like you have no boost so you will run lean and blow your motor if you don't have some way to get more fuel to the cylinders.

You will have to either get a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (FMU) or some sort of ecu tuning device (VAFC, etc.)

The FMU won't add fuel pressure until you have boost so it won't affect your idle.

Get an A/F gauge and an adjustable FMU and then take start with some easy drives and gradually work up to WOT only after you are SURE you are not running lean any place.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:24 PM

Does the comptech kit come with adjustable FMU or FPR
Old 07-06-2003, 07:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David b
[B]The stock injectors are 380cc and will handle up to about 8 psi.There are a lot of turbos and Vortechs are out there running 8 psi.

Quick Reply: Quick question PSI and Stock injectors