S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Questions on Zeal B6 Install

Old 08-12-2002, 08:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

1). What am I supposed to attach the front brake line bracket to? On the stock shocks, there is a bracket attached to the suspension body where the brake line bracket attaches to.

For now, I have zip tied the brake line bracket onto the new shock body, but I don't consider this a permanent solution.

2) For the rears, I set the lower sleeve height so that the air nipple is about 1/4 inch from the lower suspension arm. I even took off the nipple cap so that I get an additional 1/8 inch (see below)...

I tightened the spring seat to a height where there is virtually no "pre-compression", but the spring sits snugly in place when off the car. I did the retrofit to allow the suspension to be an additional 20mm lower, but I still have a 1 finger gap. Is it safe to drop the spring seat even lower so that the spring can move around when there is no weight on the rear? My friend says this is okay, because the weight of the car will take up the slack.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I zip tied mine as well to the shock body. Theres no place to really secure it with a bolt.

The springs in the rear on mine is also slack when the cars on the lift. Shouldn't be a problem. Uhm... I would raise the rear on yours though, that nipple is really close to the control arm. Don't wanna break anything.

When did you purchase the B6? I thought the newer models come retrofitted with the fix, so that the nipple won't hit the control arm...
Old 08-13-2002, 08:40 AM

I took off that white plastic spacer from the top of the spring on mine to get a little more lowering. Didnt think of taking off the cap looks like you got a little more lowering!! On the retrofit the nipple can still hit the control arm they just give you a little more room to lower in the rear.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swap your front springs with your rear springs and do what Preston says, remove the white plastic spacer. I can lower much more than a 1 finger gap. I can tuck my tires under the fender well if I wanted to. And yes you are very close to the arm with the nipple.

I can rotate the my springs freely when not compressed.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:53 PM

i still dunno about swapping the springs eventhough they say they are the same rates i swear my rears look fatter than the fronts. If you dont wanna do that i took one of the lock nuts off and just locked the spring perch nut against the lower nut. With this it put me on the tires in the back.

Ohhh yeah i think you should raise the rear a little also its pretty close to that nipple you have to remember that bushing will flex quite a bit better safe than sorry its $100 to rebuild the shock.
Old 08-13-2002, 08:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What is that white plastic spacer for anyway? Why are they only in the rears?

I'm going to raise my lower perch 1/4 inch in the rears tomorrow, so I don't break my nipple. Thanks for the advice on that.

Keith, I had my pressures set at 170 in the front and 140 in the rear, which is what Kent at Endless/Zeal said was the factory setting. I mentioned your name, and he said you had him set all 4 corners to 170! Are you happy with that setting? I guess this is why you have the luxury of swapping the fronts to the rear.

What alignment settings are you using? Did you have the car put back to within Honda specs?
Old 08-13-2002, 08:44 PM

I had my rears bummped to 170 too when they retrofitted. The only problem i have now is the rears rattle a little on large bumps after removing the plastic spacer not bad worth it to go a little lower!!