S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Questions on storage and more

Old 02-05-2012, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on storage and more

Hey guys, lurker here.

I'd just like to ask a few questions on correct storage of the S2000 as mine will be put in a garage for 3 months (more on this later). Is there any procedure I should undertake, such as give it a service before\after? Disconnect battery? (or expect to replace it). Please note, it is very likely that it wont be driven AT ALL for the whole three months, and I don't want her rotting away

Also, is there anything you can suggest to do to the car in this period? General maintenance? Modifications? Anything that would of taken it off the road for a while anyway?

The reason she is being put away, is well, because I put young drivers to shame.
I didn't see a speed limit change to 60 instead of 70 (kp/h this is).
Saw a highway patrol in CLEAR view. Slowed down to 66, to make sure I was "under"
Pulled me over and we had laugh, nice guy actually.
I know its driver error but 6km's over for 3 months loss is a little harsh.
Its ironic as well as I drive in a relaxed fashion anyway, I was making sure to KEEP my license as I also lost my racing license because of this =\ I'll miss half the season!

While you're reading this, I may as well ask. My car developed a problem (last night actually) where under constant throttle and mid RPM, over a split second the power will dip. Sounds like a "pop" as it travels down the exhaust as well, like a mini backfire? :S Doesn't happen at low rpm, or when you're changing the throttle input. I can't give any more information as it only happened last night =\

Thanks guys for any feedback you can give!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazaa
Hey guys, lurker here.

I'd just like to ask a few questions on correct storage of the S2000 as mine will be put in a garage for 3 months (more on this later). Is there any procedure I should undertake, such as give it a service before\after? Disconnect battery? (or expect to replace it). Please note, it is very likely that it wont be driven AT ALL for the whole three months, and I don't want her rotting away

Also, is there anything you can suggest to do to the car in this period? General maintenance? Modifications? Anything that would of taken it off the road for a while anyway?

The reason she is being put away, is well, because I put young drivers to shame.
I didn't see a speed limit change to 60 instead of 70 (kp/h this is).
Saw a highway patrol in CLEAR view. Slowed down to 66, to make sure I was "under"
Pulled me over and we had laugh, nice guy actually.
I know its driver error but 6km's over for 3 months loss is a little harsh.
Its ironic as well as I drive in a relaxed fashion anyway, I was making sure to KEEP my license as I also lost my racing license because of this =\ I'll miss half the season!

While you're reading this, I may as well ask. My car developed a problem (last night actually) where under constant throttle and mid RPM, over a split second the power will dip. Sounds like a "pop" as it travels down the exhaust as well, like a mini backfire? :S Doesn't happen at low rpm, or when you're changing the throttle input. I can't give any more information as it only happened last night =\

Thanks guys for any feedback you can give!

Here !
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/247...-storage-tips/
Old 02-05-2012, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a heap!
Believe it or not, I'm on dial up speed (Over FOUR computers) so search was a little bit of a chore to work.