S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Questions on installing PRM CAI

Old 01-16-2003, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on installing PRM CAI

For anyone that has installed their PRM CAI...

I received my PRM last night and went to install. Everything seemed to be pretty straight forward, until I tried to line up the factory hoses to the upper inlet of the metal intake pipe. I could not get these to line up correctly, and had some concern as to whether I was installing the intake correctly. The stock hoses I am referring to look similar to a "S". The are metalic, not rubber. Are we suppose to bend these?

Does anyone have better instructions on how to install this intake? I thought the 2nd grade illustration insructions I received with the product were not very helpful.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2003, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the exact same problem...PM Russ and Nobody, they'll email you pics of their setup. Basically, you don't have to use all the hoses, some of them you just cap off.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tenblade2001
[B]I had the exact same problem...PM Russ and Nobody, they'll email you pics of their setup.
Old 01-16-2003, 03:31 PM

go buy about 2 ft of 1/2" inside diameter silicone hose, and some rubber caps. cap off the two ends of the larger 'S' shape pipe, and run the silicone hose directly from the valve cover to the intake, thats what i did....if you would like pics, i can get them to you also.....

hope this helps, the same think happened to me when i tried to install at 11pm.....by the way, the sensor on the back of the airbox has 2 vacuum lines.....make sure you dont mix those up or you will get a CEL! I did that too....lol
Old 01-16-2003, 03:31 PM

sorry, you will only need about a foot or so of the hose, just get extra incase you make the first cut short, or for other random tubing?!?!
Old 01-16-2003, 05:37 PM

Just to add some pics and some explanation.....

-ok, so looking at this first pic, you see the metal "S" shaped piece with all the hoses attached. Well, dont worry about connecting all of those hoses. Some them just "recycle" the air in an attempt to reduce emisions...kind of like hooking up a hose from your ass to your mouth, when you fart, it wont stink as bad! Basically, useless IMO. So, take one of the thick silicone hoses from the kit and connect it to valve cover. It is hard and may not want to go right on but with proper, copious lubrication (I used sugillube, but spit works just fine) it will go on. Then, replace the two smaller hoses on the inferior part of the metal "s" with the silicone hoses provided. Last, cap off the the ends of the large "s", the metal hose that ran from the intake to the valve cover and your set! Oh...get ready to hear your car SCREAM at V-tec Hope this helps...PM me if doesn't.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:47 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tenblade2001
[B]Just to add some pics and some explanation.....
Old 01-16-2003, 05:49 PM

mine looks like the second pic....but i got red silicone hose instead of black to accent the car more......by the way, how did you get that ring around the horn to stay on, i tried using smaller hose and slicing it in half, but it came off even with a little tape on the end/.....
Old 01-16-2003, 06:30 PM

Hmmm, mine hasn't come off, but I think its more for show than anything else. Have you cut out your faux vent yet? Russ did and then ran some flexablea tubing from the vent to the airhorn hole, and he reports GREAT results...even took temp readings. I am going to do this next
Old 01-17-2003, 05:56 AM

Thanks everyone for the pictures and explanations! That really helps!

I will give it another shot this weekend!

Quick Reply: Questions on installing PRM CAI