S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Question for Supercharged owners? (Wesmaster?)

Old 12-25-2001, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Supercharged owners? (Wesmaster?)

What's the 1/4 speed and time for supercharged S2000's??
Since I'm in Calif... Turbo will be out of question if I like to pass smog... wondering how fast
is supercharged S2000's..

Last I remember that magazine tested a comptech one with 14.0... I think it should be
faster right? (I believe it was C&D??)

Thanks,
Old 12-25-2001, 01:24 PM

A SC S2000 should run low 13s (Comptech got 13.1) if you still drop the clutch at 7K+ RPM. If you don't drop the clutch, but want to slip the clutch at 5,500 RPM, you can run a 13.9.
Old 12-25-2001, 08:23 PM

i still think NOS is a better and cheaper alternative to a sc
Old 12-25-2001, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by bayarea408
i still think NOS is a better and cheaper alternative to a sc
Well, there's more than just "How much HP does it add?" to the question of which mods are "better". NOS is a mod that is instant, and only for an instant, power. You push the button, you're gone, after a few runs (all depends on the NOS setup and bottle size) you're done. It's good for 1/4 mile, but it's not something you'd use on a road course, or during normal daily driving. So if you go with NOS, you have power only when you really really think you need it...instead of all the time, as well as when you really really need it.

At the cost of NOS setup, plus the cost of filling the bottle each time, you'll eventually will surpass the cost of a SC. So, short-term, sure, it's cheaper, but not in the long-term. NOS is not a replacement for the type of anytime power FI can give you. I'm not knocking NOS, it's just not really something that replaces FI.
Old 12-25-2001, 10:54 PM
Former Moderator

hey was have you taken the s2k on a road crouse yet with the SC, if so how is driveability with it compared to without it. I would imagine it's a little easier to find some oversteer eh? does the rear like to step out more with the SC?

Karim
Old 12-25-2001, 11:09 PM

Hello Wesmaster:

I want to buy a comptech supercharger, and my question is that the sc goes from 6psi to 12 psi, do you think comptech can sell the 12 psi SC??? and if so, how fast and power should it gets??????
Old 12-25-2001, 11:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
[B]

Well, there's more than just "How much HP does it add?" to the question of which mods are "better".
Old 12-26-2001, 06:05 AM

Originally posted by KrazyKarim
hey was have you taken the s2k on a road crouse yet with the SC, if so how is driveability with it compared to without it. I would imagine it's a little easier to find some oversteer eh? does the rear like to step out more with the SC?
A few months ago I took the car to Texas World Speedway, along with 40-60 other S2000s, and various other cars. It took me a day or so to get used to driving the course, then it was all over. The car was great (I think it's the car, not the driver). There were about 30-35 cars in our group (all on the track at once)...I started to count how many cars I passed, and it was about 25 per session. The car does not suffer any more oversteer than it does stock, the car isn't that tourquey (making up words). Click here for the review I posted after the TWS weekend. From my light exprience with AutoX, Drag, and Road Course I can definitely say my car is best setup for Road Courses.
Old 12-26-2001, 06:08 AM

Originally posted by mocantec
I want to buy a comptech supercharger, and my question is that the sc goes from 6psi to 12 psi, do you think comptech can sell the 12 psi SC??? and if so, how fast and power should it gets??????
The PSI that the SC puts out will be mostly due to the pulley that's attached to it. Drop in a smaller pulley and it spins faster, putting out more PSI. I looked up the NOVI 1000 on the Paxton web site a few months ago, and I don't exactly remember what it's max PSI was, but 12 seems about right from what I remember. From what I can tell, Comptech is more about going for decent power gains with more than decent reliability. If you want anything more power-wise, aftermarket upgrades seem to be the best bet. Currently, there really isn't much of an upgrade kit for the Comptech SC, but I have good reason to say that one will be out in a few months...but that's all I'll say.
Old 12-26-2001, 06:13 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bayarea408
[B]but your forgetting one import thang,

Quick Reply: Question for Supercharged owners? (Wesmaster?)