S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Question on replacing or repairing fuel line

Old 07-13-2015, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on replacing or repairing fuel line

So I purchased the radium fuel rail kit with ptfe hose and all. (2002 AP1)

Everything was going great until I got to removing the 14mm flare nut to install the supplied fitting and ptfe line, after a lot of frustration I've realize that I'm not going to get the nut and it is pretty much so rounded/twisted it's not worth re using if I were to get it broke free. (Yes I've tried a flare wrench and I've had it soaked with PB for 3 days trying each day with no luck)

I made a separate post about removing the flare nut itself but after talking with a few people I've come to learn that it is a known PITA.

I found the feed line is only $30 or so and from the diagrams it looks like I may need to get another piece of the feed line that runs to the pump housing. I'm wondering if anyone has ran a new feed line, or if someone who ran AN lines could let me know how hard of a job it would be to replace the hard fuel line. This would give me the entire hard line with the 14mm flare nut fitting that would just be a simple install from there. I'm just wondering what kind of job removing and replacing the old hard line would entail. I'm mainly worried about running into another flare nut further back on the hardline or something. I would probably just have a shop swap out the hard line if it is going to be a pain.

My other question is should I just not even worry about replacing the entire hard line. I'm going to stop in to the shop on Wednesday to see if they could possibly just cut and flare the line before the flare nut. I just want to make sure I have enough length for the ptfe line. I considered just running the factory soft line but since I would have to purchase a $50 oem fuel joint for the rail that just urkes me. I would rather replace or repair the line and run the entire kit I paid for.

If I go this route what size is the fuel hard line? I've read 5/16 in a quick search I did but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I appreciate anyone's suggestions.