S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Query Speed/Gear/RPM/100 octane

Old 10-25-2001, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Query Speed/Gear/RPM/100 octane

With Racing fuel @ 5000 RPM in 5th Gear I am going 88-90 mph.
What is it without the high octane gas? Response please.

Thank you,
Tan
Old 10-25-2001, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

88-90.

If you are in a specific gear, at a specific RPM, you will always be going the same speed (neutral doesn't count).
Tanq
Old 10-25-2001, 03:10 PM

Tanq,

See you this weekend. I was trying to research the effect of the racing fuel that I use constantly. I do not recall these parameters for speed according to gear placement and rpm when I was using super unleaded 91 octane. That's all.

Tan
Old 10-25-2001, 03:23 PM

Perhaps you should spend your money on some chemistry classes instead of your "high octane gas."

K
Old 10-25-2001, 04:02 PM

What's that about, Insano? Tan asked a simple question, got a simple answer, and then you want to come in and insult him? I wish CThree would post who you really are...from your posts, its obvious you are the jerk alias for someone on the board.

Tanq
Old 10-25-2001, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by tnguyen0567
Tanq,

See you this weekend. I was trying to research the effect of the racing fuel that I use constantly. I do not recall these parameters for speed according to gear placement and rpm when I was using super unleaded 91 octane. That's all.

Tan
Tan,

Sorry, I didn't mean to be curt. I was on my way out of work and dropped a quick reply.

I have experimented with high octane gas, too. It seems to help in very hot weather...or at least it felt that way at the track last month.

The benefit of high octane gas is that it is harder to detonate, meaning the ECU won't retard your power to prevent detonation. This means that you will get to a particular RPM faster, but a particular RPM and gear will always be the same speed.

See you Friday,
Tanq
Old 10-25-2001, 05:14 PM

I reseverve my right to state my opinion on high octane gas. I think it is a waste of money. I think the money could be better spent on many things: school (higher education, driving school, etc.), mods, paying off the car, and the list goes on. I have listed my reasoning on why I don't use high octane gas in previous posts. I attempted to do so in a logical manner using as many facts as possible while making reasonable assumptions. Upon reading the initial post, I was stupefied at the question, and it lacked any reasoning to substantiate the post. Some might even say the question was ridiculous. Perhaps, you should reevaluate some of your posts before being so quick to judge, Mr. Sensitive.

K
Old 10-25-2001, 05:37 PM

I reseverve my right to state my opinion on high octane gas. I think it is a waste of money. I think the money could be better spent on many things: school (higher education, driving school, etc.), mods, paying off the car, and the list goes on. I have listed my reasoning on why I don't use high octane gas in previous posts. I attempted to do so in a logical manner using as many facts as possible while making reasonable assumptions. Upon reading the initial post, I was stupefied at the question, and it lacked any reasoning to substantiate the post. Some might even say the question was ridiculous. Perhaps, you should reevaluate some of your posts before being so quick to judge, Mr. Sensitive.
No one asked for an opinion on high octane gas in this thread. As you stated, you've already listed your reasoning on why you don't use high octane gas in a previous post.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:39 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaptain Insano
[B]Upon reading the initial post, I was stupefied at the question, and it lacked any reasoning to substantiate the post.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:56 PM

Tanq,

Thanks for the replies. I understand your point now about the gears limiting the speed.
Insane thinks that my money should be flushed elsewhere and he might be right. However, the way he states it is a relevation of his character. Like I say in past forums you get so much info on this forum.

Tan

Quick Reply: Query Speed/Gear/RPM/100 octane