S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Process, Parts list, Prices, and general HOW TO upgrade from generic turbo kit to EMS

Old 05-23-2003, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything Chris has written about is accurate trust me I am doing it 2 times over..Not cheap
Old 05-28-2003, 05:20 AM

Chris, this is a gift. Thank you.

CB
Old 05-28-2003, 05:41 AM

No problem Chris #3. Good luck with your plans, keep me informed.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:05 AM

update ?
Old 05-28-2003, 08:33 AM

Originally posted by ChrisD

Replace stock injectors with new ones. If you are using RC Engineering ones, the spacer/washers they give you are too thick, go to home depot and buy 2 flat thin ones (which should be about 2/3rds the thickness of the one spacer) [$1]. Cut off existing pigtails, solder new ones in, solder one wire to the injector, others through the resistor box. This takes a few hours, and is a bit of a pain in the butt. Make sure you ask RC engineering which pigtail part number will fit your custom injectors, and buy them ahead of time. I went to _11_ auto parts stores to get the pigtails I needed, most stores will only carry one replacement pigtail, and NO store will know which part number will match your injector. I brought mine in, they let me into the back storeroom area, showed me to the pigtail shelf and let me go nuts, trying to figure out which one fit. It was a pain. Save yourself a day of driving around town, find out which injector pigtails to get ahead of time, and preorder 5 (1 spare in case you mess up the soldering).

Just FYI to save $ and time/headache just buy these 785cc injectors from UR:
http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Products/Honda-US.shtml

Save $200, plus no pigtail shit, no spacer issues etc. Comes with everything you need. I have custom 755cc injectors. They work great. RC is a rip off.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:39 AM

Originally posted by Jenner

Just FYI to save $ and time/headache just buy these 785cc injectors from UR:
http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Products/Honda-US.shtml

Save $200, plus no pigtail shit, no spacer issues etc. Comes with everything you need. I have custom 755cc injectors. They work great. RC is a rip off.
Jenner-

The picture of the injectors on their site shows pigtails. Are you saying that they have drop-in injectors that don't require you to cut the old connectors and solder on new ones? I have been wanting to upgrade my injectors and checked into RC. The pricing for the 440s on the UR site puts them right around the same price as RC. Is the price difference you mention only applicable to the large injectors?

-YS
Old 05-28-2003, 08:45 AM

Chris said above:
4 pigtails for injectors: $12
4 720 cc custom rc injectors: $700ish

UR is $495 for 5 785cc with ALL the parts you need.

Yes you do have to cut and solder(only way to use different impeadance injectors) but you don't need to go to home depot for spacers or 11 parts stores to find the pig tails.

Everything you need comes with the UR kit and fits/works and it's cheaper. No brainer if you ask me. Just trying to save others time/hassle. Nothing against RC, but an injector is an injector is an injector.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by Jenner
Chris said above:
4 pigtails for injectors: $12
4 720 cc custom rc injectors: $700ish

UR is $495 for 5 785cc with ALL the parts you need.

Yes you do have to cut and solder(only way to use different impeadance injectors) but you don't need to go to home depot for spacers or 11 parts stores to find the pig tails.

Everything you need comes with the UR kit and fits/works and it's cheaper. No brainer if you ask me. Just trying to save others time/hassle. Nothing against RC, but an injector is an injector is an injector.
Gotcha. I figured it had to do with the size of the injectors because RC quoted me right around $400 for four 440cc injectors including the pigtails. They also swore up and down that the 440s were drop in and the spacers weren't necessary - again this may be because of the size of the injectors.

For my own information, does UR make something in the 380 range or will they make something custom?

-YS
Old 05-28-2003, 09:13 AM

They should make you 380 if that's what you want. But why go from 360 to 380? Even 440 is pretty pointless for most situations.

It is much easier to tune out fuel(ie running with larger injectors and a fuel computer) than add fuel with high fuel pressure bandaids like FMUs.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:23 AM

ChrisD, do you know what fuel pressure you are running with those 720s to support 28psi?

Quick Reply: Process, Parts list, Prices, and general HOW TO upgrade from generic turbo kit to EMS