S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Problems programming key fob

Old 08-23-2012, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So....I found out that the Fob is working well. But....my Trunk/door release is a 15A fuse and keeps popping. That's why I was so frustrated trying to fix it today. Any suggestions?
Old 08-24-2012, 07:25 AM

Once you get to step 12 and you hear the actuators work. Press the unlock or lock button(doesnt matter which)once more right after that and it should be programmed to your car. Do this with the ignition still on. hope this helps!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by z6htch
Once you get to step 12 and you hear the actuators work. Press the unlock or lock button(doesnt matter which)once more right after that and it should be programmed to your car. Do this with the ignition still on. hope this helps!
Thanks. It is actually programmed at this point. Now my problem is my 15A fuse that apparently controls the trunk release and door locks keeps popping. So I have some sort of electrical problem. I would assume grounding issue, touching wires, or relay problem. I understand the basics but I'm probably going to need to find a local electrical person to diagnose.

Any other opinions are welcome of course.

And glad at least one person responded.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Slows2k
Look on the center console for a red LED. If the car has dealer installed security you'll have a LED by the cupholder and a control unit under the drivers seat.

The dealer installed security remotes don't interchange with the OEM keyless remotes. The trunk release doesn't work correctly.

Take a pic of the remotes you have and find out if you have security. I can tell you if you have the correct remote.

00-01 cars usually had security installed at the dealer to bump the purchase price when S2k's were bringing full retail
this is the exact issue im having.
and my S came with this Fob

it also came with a three button one that everyone seems to have (but doesnt trigger the immobilizer off).
my S also has the LED in the center console.

ive tried programming the 3 button fob but it doesnt seem to work.
is there anything else i could do besides going to the dealer and getting charged heaps to program this?
Old 09-25-2012, 04:17 AM

bumpity bump, can anyone help on this?
Old 09-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

That fob is different from a US spec vehicle, the key is also different from a US car. The security led is also incorrect for dealer installed security.

You've got a aftermarket system installed, Honda fobs would have a Honda logo/emblem.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by iceman86
thanks for the post...

this is what i tried the first time... and i could hear the locks doing something.

im trying again now, following exactly the same steps but nothing happens this time! i dont know... just been to my local honda dealer but he said he doesn't have a clue as its a japanese import and they're different from the european models :S

i think i'd be better off just getting myself a new key fob... any ideas were i can grab one off from?

tnx
If your key fob looks like the one in the directions, (honda) it should work. It is tricky programing. I have two s2k's. One is an 07 & one is a 2000yr ap1. I had two extra fobs that came with the 07 when I bought it new, (accidently left in the car by the dealer). I was able to program those to the ap1 as when I bought it it only had keys. If it is a Honda set up it should be doable. Good lluck.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Slows2k
That fob is different from a US spec vehicle, the key is also different from a US car. The security led is also incorrect for dealer installed security.

You've got a aftermarket system installed, Honda fobs would have a Honda logo/emblem.
I was told it was a honda immobiliser system. The fob actually has honda written on it. Looks like this

Any ideas on how to program three button fob on this immobiliser system
Old 02-22-2013, 12:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bumping this thread because I'm having issues programming a new key fob I bought from the dealer (P/N 08E51-S0X-1M0G1) with my 2007 S2000. I was able to successfully deprogram and program the key fob that came with the car, but once I got to step 12 (heard the power door locks cycle), pressing the new key fob wouldn't do anything.

Any tips for me?

Old on the left, new on the right.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for suggestions and hopefully an answer!

Quick Reply: Problems programming key fob