S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Problem Solvers Unite!

Old 10-08-2004, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Solvers Unite!

Here's my questions...hoping to get some answers!

1) I took my car in for a tune up(fluids change, brakes, filters, etc..) and also had a valve adjustment done. Picked up the car and a day later the "check engine" light came on. And its been on ever since. It doesn't flash or anything...just constantly on. I've tried re-setting the car(removing the pos. batt. terminal), and it still pops up...after about 30min of driving.
That being said...the mechanic checked the code and it read "improper air flow" or something like that. I thought it might be the air pump, non-connected vaccum line he missed, or a soloniod. He ordered a soloniod about 3 weeks and I still havn't seen the part yet. He keeps telling me its on backorder..blah blah blah.

Any ideas? I had a Injen intake...but i'v had that installed 6 months before this all happend.

2) My turn signals don't work. Nothing lights up, click, flashes, etc... I check the fuse and it wasn't blown. Not sure what else I should check? I think it started after the mechanic removed my XM radio setup(I sold it to him).

Any ideas? Is there anything else I should check to see if its working to tie to it(fuse)?

Lastly): I'm getting a flapping sound from the pass. side of the car. Top up and windows down. At the moment I'm slammed(Dut would be proud so it may be tire rub...but it sounds like a little flag hanging out the side.

Any ideas on that? I recently installed Tein Flex...and its pretty damn low, so I'm hoping its just rubbing!

**Can anyone recommend a good H dealership that might be able to fix these problems in less time than 3 weeks? Say maybe a couple days? I'm in the Springfield NoVa area.**

Thats not all...but I've been without my S for 6 looong weeks now and i want it back

Thanks ALOT!
Steven
Old 10-08-2004, 07:39 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

1. First off, you should always remove the NEGATIVE battery terminal when doing this kind of work. Next time, to reset the light, pull the "BACK UP" fuse under the dash, this is far easier and safer. The code that you are getting is almost assuredly the "secondary air injection system - improper air flow". This has to do with all those vacuum hoses, check valve, solenoid that was re-arranged when the CAI went in. I guess they disconnected the hoses for the work being done and I'll bet they hooked them back up in reverse. Look at this thread and carefully trace all the hoses and orientation of the little white check valve. Also, below, you will see a link to how to reset the ECU (CEL):
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105368
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183490

2. A blown fuse may not "look" blown. Check it again with a continuity tester. Also check all the fuses in the engine bay. There may be a larger fuse or breaker in one of the black boxes that may have blown. Also check where your XM radio was wired in. Perhaps it was wired into the same circuit as the lights and removing the radio interupted that wiring.

The flapping sound can be anything. Have a passenger sit with you and stick his head out the window to see if he can detect anything. Is your seat belt hanging out the door? Maybe you've got a plastic bag or other debris snagged to the underside of the car. Maybe you've got something on the inside of the soft top that's loose. You are the best one to figure this one out. Readers here can only give you the wildest of guesses. Run over a cat lately?
Old 10-08-2004, 08:39 AM

XViper: Your amazing

I'll check the link out! Thanks!
Old 10-08-2004, 08:47 AM

XViper: Your a genuis!

I'm gonna check the vaccum lines again. I've since removed the Injen intake and put the stock air box back in. It may still be those lines your mentioned. If not...then should I have the H mechanic check all the other vaccum lines?

The turn signal problem was easy...just had to plug my hazard light switch in.

Lastly...I had picked up some cardboard under my car
Old 10-08-2004, 10:05 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If you follow the pictures and description in my thread about the vacuum hoses and check valve, there are no other vacuum hoses that will solve this issue. Just ensure all hose ends are good (not cracked) and solidly attached to whatever they are attached to. There is an "in" and an "out" for all the hoses. (eg. If you have a hose going "in" an "outlet" to a valve or cannister, this won't work.) Putting back an OEM airbox is the second most common way to mix these connections up and get a CEL. The first one is putting the CAI on to begin with.

The solutions to your other two issues has GOT to be the quickest and easiest ones I've seen. I wish all the answers were this neat.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:05 PM

Thanks for all your help!
Old 10-08-2004, 01:11 PM

If you need help with the vaccuum lines i am nearby..

Peter
Old 10-08-2004, 04:22 PM

XViper-san
Master Po inspects the thread and finds his student is doing great things here on the site. I will report back to Honda. You have snatched the pebbles and may move on to greater things now.

Utah