S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Previous owner stripped inside of trunk.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Previous owner stripped inside of trunk.

So, I bought a 2002 S2000 about 5 months ago. The previous owner had a 12 inch sub in there and I sold it. Now my exhaust is pretty loud inside my car because the only thing inside of it is the carpet liner. The tool kit cover is not there. The liner only covers the bottom of the trunk. I can see my tail lights and all the wires, the sides of the trunk, the metal pipe where my gas comes in and essentially the metal behind my seat. Basically I can throw a pop bottle over my right shoulder and it will end up in the trunk. I can not find anywhere online that sells the WHOLE inside of an S2 trunk. I want to be able to section of my cab from my trunk like a normal car. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:41 PM

I don't know why my phone won't let me add pictures but if you give me an email I can send you a handful to get a better idea.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:42 PM

Or email me at acacia.strain14@gmail.com lol.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:24 PM

It sounds like you are missing the soft top tray and part of the trunk liner. I'd be more concerned as to where the sub was placed, it it was a stealth box or simlar which is placed inside the hole where the tools go then you may have holes that go through your trunk through to the bottom of the car. If you are looking for trunk liner, look on the for sale thread there are plenty of people that have wrecked s2000s on here I am sure they will be happy to sell you the trunk liner and a soft top tray. Might not hurt to post on the Want To Buy thread either.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
It sounds like you are missing the soft top tray and part of the trunk liner. I'd be more concerned as to where the sub was placed, it it was a stealth box or simlar which is placed inside the hole where the tools go then you may have holes that go through your trunk through to the bottom of the car. If you are looking for trunk liner, look on the for sale thread there are plenty of people that have wrecked s2000s on here I am sure they will be happy to sell you the trunk liner and a soft top tray. Might not hurt to post on the Want To Buy thread either.
I actually do have the soft top tray. It's 3 pieces? One really long for the center and 2 for the side? I may need to buy some new clips for them though. I appreciate the advice. Thank you.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sounds like you are missing the two side and the spare tire cover. Just look in the for sale forum and you will find it under some s2k part outs.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:09 AM

My trunk was missing a lot of pieces too due to a goofy sub install. In my experience most people that part out their S2000 will only sell the whole truck interior, not pieces of the truck. That sounds like exactly what you need. The for sale section on this forum is where I would suggest too.

You're going to need a lot of different style fasteners for the trim. I had to go through my shop manual and compare to the Majestic Honda website to find out which fasteners go where, and the count that you need. It was kind of a pain in the ass. Stores like Fastenal and lowes have automotive fasteners for a lot cheaper, but that too is a pain in the arse.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by MR.T
My trunk was missing a lot of pieces too due to a goofy sub install. In my experience most people that part out their S2000 will only sell the whole truck interior, not pieces of the truck. That sounds like exactly what you need. The for sale section on this forum is where I would suggest too.

You're going to need a lot of different style fasteners for the trim. I had to go through my shop manual and compare to the Majestic Honda website to find out which fasteners go where, and the count that you need. It was kind of a pain in the ass. Stores like Fastenal and lowes have automotive fasteners for a lot cheaper, but that too is a pain in the arse.

I just ordered the right and left panel liners for the trunk for 59 dollars. Way cheaper than factory. They run about 84 dollars per side. I just need to get the rear panel and the spare tire cover. Then the clips which I already knew would be a pain in the ass from seeing other posts. The only thing I am dreading is installing the soft top panel. I have to take out my seats and stuff. Not looking forward to that. But I appreciate the help from everyone.

I do have another question which is a little off topic but when I had my clutch replaced, do they drain your tranny fluid along with that? I just hit 123,000 miles and I need to get along lol my fluids flushed. Trying to save for that. I hardly ever hit VTEC when I drive. Maybe once a month. It's my commuter car and I'm running about 60 miles a day on her. Don't know how much longer she has. Lol
Old 12-13-2013, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by c_u_next_tuesday14
Originally Posted by MR.T' timestamp='1386954583' post='22921263

I just ordered the right and left panel liners for the trunk for 59 dollars. Way cheaper than factory. They run about 84 dollars per side. I just need to get the rear panel and the spare tire cover. Then the clips which I already knew would be a pain in the ass from seeing other posts. The only thing I am dreading is installing the soft top panel. I have to take out my seats and stuff. Not looking forward to that. But I appreciate the help from everyone.

I do have another question which is a little off topic but when I had my clutch replaced, do they drain your tranny fluid along with that? I just hit 123,000 miles and I need to get along lol my fluids flushed. Trying to save for that. I hardly ever hit VTEC when I drive. Maybe once a month. It's my commuter car and I'm running about 60 miles a day on her. Don't know how much longer she has. Lol

no, the fluid remains in the tranny during a clutch change. unless they told you they did, or you see a couple quarts of mt fluid on the bill i would assume not.

it's really easy to do yourself if you have a couple of simple sockets and means of jacking the car up. i'd say it's a bit easier than an oil change.