S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

power lost, engine bearing damaged, need rebuild?

Old 07-29-2012, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power lost, engine bearing damaged, need rebuild?

Hi guys, im from New Zealand. approx 2 months ago i did a service at my local honda. Because my car has just met 40,000 miles so they did a valve adjustments and changed my break fluids, transmission oil and engine oil. So basically it was a normal service done but my local honda dealer, but when i got my car back i noticed a significant power lost. I then took it to a workshop to see what the problem was and they found out that my air filter was damaged by animal(saw chewing on the filter, they said it might be a rat that climbed into the intake box) and my engine oil was leaking because it was not properly sealed. This is what i know now, there might be more. I was shocked that honda services were so unprofessional and now my car is weak. Now the workshop has recommend to do a engine rebuild, but we are still not sure what the actual problem is, they said it sounds like the engine bearing but will need to take apart the engine to know exactly what it is.
Any of u guys have this problem before, i mean the power lost and what possible reason is to it. To let u guys know is that when i bought the car, the car was fine. Ive never took it to the tracks but i have ran touge( mountain pass) twice and the second time me and my friend found significant power lost when climbing hills.
thanks for reading
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TSOJAN
Hi guys, im from New Zealand. approx 2 months ago i did a service at my local honda. Because my car has just met 40,000 miles so they did a valve adjustments and changed my break fluids, transmission oil and engine oil. So basically it was a normal service done but my local honda dealer, but when i got my car back i noticed a significant power lost. I then took it to a workshop to see what the problem was and they found out that my air filter was damaged by animal(saw chewing on the filter, they said it might be a rat that climbed into the intake box) and my engine oil was leaking because it was not properly sealed. This is what i know now, there might be more. I was shocked that honda services were so unprofessional and now my car is weak. Now the workshop has recommend to do a engine rebuild, but we are still not sure what the actual problem is, they said it sounds like the engine bearing but will need to take apart the engine to know exactly what it is.
Any of u guys have this problem before, i mean the power lost and what possible reason is to it. To let u guys know is that when i bought the car, the car was fine. Ive never took it to the tracks but i have ran touge( mountain pass) twice and the second time me and my friend found significant power lost when climbing hills.
thanks for reading
I am unclear as too what was not sealed causing oil to leak.....
Old 08-01-2012, 11:00 AM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

Sounds like they screwed up when they changed the oil...and screwed up the VA. Dealers suck I wouldnt bring my lawnmower to them.