S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Possible bumpsteer kit fix?

Old 08-08-2014, 03:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by _brandon
Re-invert the contapulous piston for the quantafurter. Or invest in an aphideral trapinslugmber, this makes seizing the fingaltrupermal easy compared to the conventional method of untorquing the limasphere bar. If all else fails inspect suspension for damaged parts and alignment before chasing this mythical kit.
Translated into Mongolian for your convenience:

Quantafurter нь contapulous бүлүүр дахин эргүүлнэ. Эсвэл нэг aphideral trapinslugmber хөрөнгө оруулалт энэ limasphere бар untorquing уламжлалт аргын харьцуулахад хялбар fingaltrupermal булаан авах тодорхойлогдоно. Бүх өөр бол энэ домогт хэрэгсэл хөөж өмнө гэмтсэн эд анги, чиглэлийн хувьд түдгэлзүүлэх шалгаж чадахгүй.Quantafurter ni contapulous bülüür dakhin ergüülne. Esvel neg aphideral trapinslugmber khöröngö oruulalt ene limasphere bar untorquing ulamjlalt argyn kharitsuulakhad khyalbar fingaltrupermal bulaan avakh todorkhoilogdono. Bükh öör bol ene domogt kheregsel khööj ömnö gemtsen ed angi, chigleliin khuvid tüdgelzüülekh shalgaj chadakhgüi.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101
Well I say it's blown shock(s) because I currently have that problem, and I have the same symptoms you have. The right front is blown on mine. Luckily since they're stock shocks, you can just replace a pair and be done with it.

If you're a true masochist like me you can invest in a set of Koni Yellows, and drill out the top hat bushings and hole in the dust cover to 12mm. They're cheaper than OEM, and it's a replacement for the shocks, furthermore they're re-buildable unlike the oem sealed units, and can handle lowering springs better than the OEM shocks.

THMotorsports has them stupid cheap right now, I think it's like $134 for each of the fronts and $124 for each of the rears with free shipping.
I'd much rather just deal with the issue and save for BC BR's or something. On my civic, I had Koni's and they were awesome. But I don't think it's worth the investment since I plan on changing it all out sooner than later.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:20 AM

Received 1,398 Likes on 837 Posts

Most of what you are experiencing is due to the wider tires. It will be amplified if the car does not have enough toe-in in the rear.

This is why cars come staggered. Wider wheels will naturally track the grooves more and it is very undesirable when road testing a new car.

A blown shock will not cause the car to follow road grooves.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:29 AM

Received 480 Likes on 392 Posts

I'm currently waiting on a new suspension, I have a blown shock(it's leaking like a horny milf) and I have the same size wheels as the OP, I have the exact same symptoms. 17x8's in the front won't cause that kind tram lining(I went from stock AP1 wheels to 17x8 and 17x9), a blown shock can cause the steering to feel floaty and be more influenced by dips and bumps on the road, especially at speed. As the oil leaks from the front shock body it slowly begins to lose transient response, stability, and increases vagueness in the steering, as well as adding more hysteresis to the suspension. In the rear it does that, and adds a nasty vibration.

Now I'm not saying there's no possible way that what OP is experiencing is a bad alignment, but from my direct experience, I'd be willing to bet it's more likely one of the front shocks is blown.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:49 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101
I'm currently waiting on a new suspension, I have a blown shock(it's leaking like a horny milf) and I have the same size wheels as the OP, I have the exact same symptoms. 17x8's in the front won't cause that kind tram lining(I went from stock AP1 wheels to 17x8 and 17x9), a blown shock can cause the steering to feel floaty and be more influenced by dips and bumps on the road, especially at speed. As the oil leaks from the front shock body it slowly begins to lose transient response, stability, and increases vagueness in the steering, as well as adding more hysteresis to the suspension. In the rear it does that, and adds a nasty vibration.

Now I'm not saying there's no possible way that what OP is experiencing is a bad alignment, but from my direct experience, I'd be willing to bet it's more likely one of the front shocks is blown.
I'll bet you a paycheck it isn't a blown shock. Yes, I believe you have a blown shock if you see the fluid leaking out of it.

But why in the world would you think the symptoms he is experiencing is due to the LEAST likely explanation?!

Once, my friend stepped on a bee and it stung him at the same time he stepped on a tack.

Last week my wife foot got a sharp pain in it that felt like what my friend described. She said she must have stepped on a bee and a tack at the same time.

Guess what I said?

In other words, stick to the KISS principle.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:07 AM

Received 480 Likes on 392 Posts

There's only one way to make sure, OP turn your front wheels right before full lock, and look at your shocks with a flashlight, do you see any oil or oil stain in the wheel well or on the shock itself? If not then I'll admit I was wrong, and concede with the others in saying your alignment or tire pressure is the culprit.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My S did go crazy when I lowered it (bc n+, kinda low), running ap2 17" (f215, r245). "Worms" when accelerating, never "one hand" driving and so on, the car drove me.

After checking everything, I noticed that my front right caliper wasnt working properly (the tire didnt turn freely). After fixing the caliper my S is going straight on good road, but it hate grooves.

Now I can drive kinda normally, so I'm happy.

/Andreas
Old 08-12-2014, 07:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'm kind of an idiot. Didn't really ever think to check the tires. The rears have ~90% tread. Fronts have an excessive amount of camber wear, in comparison to the rears which have damn near zero. So I'm assuming toe wear. Haha, no blown shocks or anything. Just need an alignment I'm assuming...