S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Please, PLEASE make me a harness!!

Old 07-25-2001, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please, PLEASE make me a harness!!

For the love of all that is good and holy, please make me a wiring harness for the APEXi V-AFC controller!! Please?? I will pay!! American dollars!! Sexual favors!! My first born!! Whatever!!

People are lookng for this and would buy this! We just need a harness so we can plug-n-play without voiding the warranty. I have niether the skill nor the contacts to get this done. Please help me do this. I understand great gains can be had with proper tuning and I have a shop here that is giving me the tuning and install for a steal. I really really want to do this.

Help me make my dream come true.

Thanks,
Mark

P.S. - Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:43 AM

yes someone please make a harness!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2001, 11:56 AM
P.O.S.2000

You can use a field VTEC harness for plug and play. Ozy has done it on his Prelude and his Stook. He said it is easy... it just costs about $100 or so.

I am in the same boat... I would love to put one of these in mine as well. But $100 for a harness chaps my hide.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:57 AM
Banned

I believe our man, hecash, has installed his controller. He is looking for someone to figure out what the results mean I think.

PM him.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:58 AM

lips2000-

Maybe Hondata could help. See this thread:

S2000 International > General Interest > Under The Hood > Interesting ECU revelation from Hondata
Old 07-25-2001, 11:58 AM

yes yes, me too, me too....

someone? OR if someone could tell me where to source the connectors, I'd make one myself and for other's.

-Shing
Old 07-25-2001, 01:40 PM
Ozy

We are working on getting more harnesses to modify for this application. Currently all of them are on back order from japan.

We will post and let everyone know when they are in stock. We will modify them to work on the S2000.
Old 07-25-2001, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, today I sat down with Doug from Hondata (the joys of SoCal, I can go talk to most anyone in the import community by simply hopping in the car and driving less than 1 hour).

I talked with him about our harness issues. Here is the deal.

1. The connectors can be sourced from AMP. Total cost for all 4 pieces needed is miniscule. Under $25 even in 'small' quantities.

2. It isn't hard to make a direct harness for our cars because its a one-one wiring loom, no unusual conversions like Hondata's OBDI-OBDII conversion harnesses. Thus, the labor isn't much.

3. Doug is perfectly willing to make them

But...

AMP requires a minimum order of between 600 and 1200 pieces for each of the 4 different connectors needed. As you might guess, that means a $15k or more capital investment in parts. The parts could be used in other cars, but that's a big non-capital expenditure for a small company like Hondata, and they simply aren't willing to undertake it at this time - unless of course we could scrounge up a couple hundred orders at $100 each.

The other option is to go find a burned out OBDII ECU and the plugs from an OBDII wiring harness in a 1998-1999 Honda (integra, civic, doesn't matter). Then we could easily do a harness, or have someone like Doug do one for a few bucks if you didn't feel like wiring it yourself.

Skunk2 also sells harnesses for other cars that might work with minimal mods, but apparently they charge about $200 for one.

Bummer, eh? I might try and undertake the junkyard route.

UL
Old 07-25-2001, 04:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ozy
[B]We are working on getting more harnesses to modify for this application.
Old 07-30-2001, 05:43 PM

UL: Could you post the AMP part numbers?

I am also awaiting a harness or an equivalent solution.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Please, PLEASE make me a harness!!