S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

PLEASE HELP! Super newb female driver!

Old 12-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by emcxchank
Second hand. AP1. 30k miles on. SC. FIRST oil change. I know I need OEM filter & about 6qt? because of SC from reading past posts. I see a lot of people using Mobil 1, and I remembered the previous owner used Mobil 1 or whatever was sold at Costco (Mobil1 or Chevron sold at Costco). PlLEASE HELP. How many qts & which oil is best?
Wow lots of conflicting info in this thread on such a simple thing regarding oil amount in this car. 5.2 quarts has always been consistent for me NA, since you never get every drop out of the pan during a change. You however mentioned that you are Supercharged so naturally your amount will go up since your filling approx .5 Quart in the SC on top of what the car takes in my experience. But its really not worth debating, do what I do to make sure you get the right amount in the car and fill it up with just a tad over 5 Quarts to start with since you know its close to what it takes, run the car for 30 sec letting the new oil recirculate into the system, then shut the car off and let it sit 5min and measure the dip stick and add the remaining shown you need. Done.

Mobil 1 is comprised off a lot of burn off agents in the oil and is why it gets used up quickly, its cooking off. this is not a good thing for your set up really, especially if you don't check it religiously. Castrol is a much better option that's readily available off the same shelf you get the Mobil. Your oil changes should be more frequent SC then if you were NA. Assuming your tune is good and your not getting any added level of fuel in the oil above typical levels, changing every 2500-3k would be my suggestion. Oil temps are higher and therefore oil deterioration happens sooner.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by hondagirl0615
And why exactly was it imperative to add "female driver" to your thread??
We all came running to her rescue didn't we? She is smart

We will see if she is appreciative of that or not however, if she chimes back in with a thanks. 1 post it could go either way.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No crap. It's quite amusing.. The power of the Vag LOL
Old 12-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

i guess i missed the part that she is a girl... lol.. and the oil debate goes on!
Old 12-06-2013, 12:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, you need help with two issues: You're a newb and you're female. Just spend more time on the forums and the newb problem will eventually correct itself. The female part you're stuck with, at least as far as this forum is concerned. We can fix a lot of under-hood problems but not that one.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by hondagirl0615' timestamp='1386218877' post='22907974
And why exactly was it imperative to add "female driver" to your thread??
We all came running to her rescue didn't we? She is smart

We will see if she is appreciative of that or not however, if she chimes back in with a thanks. 1 post it could go either way.

HAHA! YES I needed the help asap so I just had to put female! & thanks for the info I used mobil 1 and it was exactly 6qts. I have Comptech SC.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:49 PM

Not all females are like that.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by modifry

OK, you need help with two issues: You're a newb and you're female. Just spend more time on the forums and the newb problem will eventually correct itself. The female part you're stuck with, at least as far as this forum is concerned. We can fix a lot of under-hood problems but not that one.
I LOVE YOUR ANSWER! LOL
Old 12-26-2013, 04:26 AM
mlc

Whatever oil and filter you go with check it EVERY gas fill up until you see how much it uses. Don't change it and close the hood for 3000 miles or it could be not good.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:41 AM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

I think putting female into the post title really helped. You post up and get dozens of replies in a short period of time, if I post up a question I'm lucky to get a couple replies over the course of a week, lol. .

Best advice is what MLC said, check the oil frequently on these cars. The brand of oil and filter might not kill the engine, letting the oil level drop too low is guaranteed to kill it. If you let it drop below the lowest mark on the dipstick the engine will end up being a paperweight. Check both sides of the dipstick and go with the lowest reading. Don't go by the first dipstick reading, pull the stick out and clean it off , then reinsert and the second reading will be the accurate one. Check the oil everytime you fill with gas, or at least weekly.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! Super newb female driver!