S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Please help

Old 08-21-2010, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

Ok so I searched around and found a lot of stuff on the MAP problem but none of it really helped my problem to much. So hopefully I can get some help on this.

What it is doing is just running rough every now and then. It doesn't run rough when i am on the gas it is just pretty much when I first start it up and when I am going down the road and let off the gas it feels like it either choking out like the MAP sensor is close the TB off and its not getting enough air or like it is misfiring. I am not very sure what else to explain. I tried a few things.

First off is mods, the only thing I have done to my engine is js 70rr titanium exhaust and that is it. I just replaced my spark plugs a month ago and this has been going on for about 2 weeks now

So this is what it is doing....it doesn't do it all the time which is why I figured it wasn't a thing with the ignition becuase if it was a fouled spark plug or bad coil pack it would do it most of the time. So I went trouble shooting the other day started the car up and started undoing each coilpack to see if one didn't make any difference of the way it was running. All of them made the car run a lot rougher so its none of the coil packs.

I took all my spark plugs out and looked at them and all of them are burning good just a slight greyish brownish color on the tips like normal. After I tightened all my spark plugs back up and my coilpacks I drove the car to see if it changed anything and it was still running really rough. So back to my house I went and started troubleshooting again.

I took my MAP sensor connector off and re connected it to make sure it had a good connection and checked all my vaccum lines and then went to run it again and it ran just fine but came right back like later that day. I was thinking it could have been the connector just coming lose so I put a ziptie around it to make it stay tight and it still does it. If it is just the connector coming lose is there anything I could do to make it keep its connection? It is not pulling any codes at all accept for my exhaust not having cats. Someone please help me. hopefully I gave enough information O and I have also tried the giving the MAP a whack and that didn't help much
Old 08-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Opc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a new one is 40$ shrug, also wanna geta compression test and leakdown test. that will knock out the big things, bad rings, bent valves, etc.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:07 AM

Yea I was planning on doing that today
Old 08-24-2010, 10:27 PM

So I did the smack deal again and that fixed it for like a day and today it started bogging down real bad again. I guess I am going to go out and buy a new MAP sensor and see if that will help for longer. I still haven't done a compression test on it I am planning on going out and buying a gauge when I get paid I am running low on money right now. But my question is if the smack test works for a little bit then would it be anything to do with other stuff such as bent valves or whatnot??