S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

please - alignment advice. overwhelmed with information.

Old 06-20-2003, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i tried the search... i tried the universal alignment thread... and i just can't find a simple answer. i understand the basics of alignments, but not in how each setting works with others to effect handling and tire wear.

i just put on a new set of front tires a couple weeks ago (originals - from my 1st owner), and i'm currently about to purchase new rears. both sets of my old tires were worn much more on the inside vs outside of the tire. (i know this is somewhat normal.)

with the new tires, i'm going to get an alignment since i've never had it aligned from purchase, and don't know the last time my original owner had it aligned. i also suspect i need an alignment since the wear on the tires was uneven (some of the inside wear was more dramatic than others).

i don't autocross, i might attend 1 or 2 driver eds in a year, i interstate / backroad commute in the car daily, live in a fairly wet/rainy area (Southern Louisiana), and i am an agressive driver.
the car is essentially stock (suspension wise), i'm using OEM wheels, and going back w/ OEM S02's. i am comfortable and willing to do a 'proper rotation' on the tires every so often.
i've driven RWD cars for most of my life (18+ driving years), so i'm not scared of oversteer. i respect it, but if the back becomes a little squirrely, i don't panic and usually have no problems handling the situation.

i would like a couple solid recommendations (simple - like something i could print and give to the dealer) for alignment settings. and if it's best for me and appropriate, i'll gladly go back w/ the stock alignment...

i would appreciate some suggested settings that will keep the car handling neutral and that might improve tire wear some. i replaced my fronts with approximately 35,000 miles on the car (and highly suspect they were original), and my rears currently have 13,000 miles on them.

thank you in advance... please - no flames on using the search engine or whatever... i tried, there's just so much out there to sort though... and a lot of it isn't even relevant.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:26 PM

thank you to everyone who is PM'ing me w/ help.

great folks here!
Old 06-21-2003, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you post your findings? so everone can use the info...
Old 06-22-2003, 07:52 PM

i will talk to those who i gained the information from. if they say it is ok to post, i'll post.

sorry, but i got the general impression that they wanted to be somewhat discreet about the recommendations. they were catered to my driving experience and style...