S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

passanger window doesnt work , ive searched everywhere

Old 12-09-2012, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passanger window doesnt work , ive searched everywhere

title says it..

okay so, driver side switch for the passenger window doesnt work, the passenger side switch doesnt work, it only works when i use the convertible switch to bring the window down and to bring it up i turn the override lock switch to bring it back up , i hear the click under the passenger dash when i use the passenger switch and driver switch, i unplugged and plugged back in to see if that works but nothing. i changed out the 2 "20amp" fuses under the driver dash. still nothing, ive searched on the internet and nobody has the same issue as me.

help, thanks.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by apr_s2k
title says it..

okay so, driver side switch for the passenger window doesnt work, the passenger side switch doesnt work, it only works when i use the convertible switch to bring the window down and to bring it up i turn the override lock switch to bring it back up , i hear the click under the passenger dash when i use the passenger switch and driver switch, i unplugged and plugged back in to see if that works but nothing. i changed out the 2 "20amp" fuses under the driver dash. still nothing, ive searched on the internet and nobody has the same issue as me.

help, thanks.
I had this same problem on my AP1. Driver side passenger window switch wouldn't work. Passenger's side window switch wouldn't work. Passenger window would go up when the master switch was on. Would only go down when using the convertible top switch and the master switch off.

Turns out the plastic 'finger' under the driver's switch passenger switch button had broken off and was jamming the window control down all the time. Couldn't tell by looking at it. Replaced the plastic switch cover part for the driver's side window control (kept the circuit board) and all was well.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by CRazn
Originally Posted by apr_s2k' timestamp='1355090088' post='22199565
title says it..

help, thanks.
I had this same problem on my AP1. Driver side passenger window switch wouldn't work. Passenger's side window switch wouldn't work. Passenger window would go up when the master switch was on. Would only go down when using the convertible top switch and the master switch off.

Turns out the plastic 'finger' under the driver's switch passenger switch button had broken off and was jamming the window control down all the time. Couldn't tell by looking at it. Replaced the plastic switch cover part for the driver's side window control (kept the circuit board) and all was well.
o okay for sure, ill check it out right now thanks bro
Old 12-09-2012, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by CRazn
Originally Posted by apr_s2k' timestamp='1355090088' post='22199565
title says it..

help, thanks.

thanks bro yeah the little black thing that moves the switch was the reason, im just going to super glue it , thanks again mang!