S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

P1367 finally narrowed down

Old 05-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default P1367 finally narrowed down

So one night I was lazy and my tank was on empty so I decided to go to the ghetto conoco for some smokes and gas (important remember this). Skip ahead to the SOLVED AND NOW HERE WE ARE WITH ANOTHER CEL for the current cel and issue. Drove the 3 min drive home fine and then next day it got chilly, roughly 30 degrees F and 5 mins into the drive the car gets very slugish and wont go past 3k. Acts like a cylinder isnt firing which kinda scared me.

Cel flashes and I get the following codes. Limp the 5 min drive under 3k home and pulled the codes.
P0301 (cylinder 1 misfire)
P0303 (cylinder 3 misfire)
P0300 (random multiple misfire)
pending cel
P1399 (Big misfire lol)

Looked at the oil and it was low (roughly 3.5 quarts) havent topped off in about 1500miles, been real busy.Changed the oil, started it up same codes. Went through and changed the plugs, looked decent but changed them anyways with the ngk 7772's. Went through coil pack by coil pack while the car was on, every single cylinder but cylinder 1 changed when removed, replaced the coil pack for cylinder one and it was fine.

Reset the codes and same exact codes popped up. Unplugged each injector while the car was on and every one changed the engine pitch but 3. Tested the resistance of each injector and got a solid 14.4 ohms I believe. So I expected injector 1 to have a bad flow and 3 to be severely clogged which caused the problem. Pulled them out, sent them to get cleaned and just installed them today. Turned the car on and solved all the misfires but got yet another cel!

SOLVED AND NOW HERE WE ARE WITH ANOTHER CEL
cel

P1367 (tds sensor?, or crank shaft position sensor?)
Pending cel
P1399

I'm not really worried about the P1399, its never really went solid to the point I get a solid cel from it. But this P1367 is a different story, did some research and it causes the car not to be able to go past 3k from my understanding. Went in the car and tried to go past 3k but it wouldnt let me. APPARENTLY my catch can was filled to the dam top and the breather port spewed oil all over the tct and tds?/crank shaft position sensor? (not too sure which one its called). When I say the catch can was filled to the dam top it was all water, dam ghetto conoco gave me a decent amount of water along with gas lol. Think all of the water is passed through now, and I also added a bottle of heet. What little oil was in there was forced to the breather port and spewed all over the connections and sensors. Used contact cleaner and let everything dry and the problem is still there. It acts like its on 3 cylinders after the initial warm up but when its warming up its runs perfectly fine.

QUESTIONS FOR THE SMARTEST PEOPLE I KNOW YOU!
Since the tds? or crank shaft position sensor was wetted with oil, is it just trash now? From what I have read is it possible that the ecu is also trash now? Or no because I can still start the car? Does any one have experience with replacing the front tds or crank shaft position sensor? Is it as simple as just unbolting it and removing it, and bolting up another one? Or is there a protocol like when removing the tct/ front engine o ring replacement? I'll test the resistance of the tds tonight and see if its within spec, if it is within spec would mean I need a new ecu lol? The resistance is 1.8 to 2.4 from the manual so I can tell for sure if that is the cause. I just dont want to try and unbolt the tds/crank sensor and end up dropping something having to take the head off and go searching for it lol. Anyone with experience please help a idiot!