S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

ORC Clutch installed

Old 07-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORC Clutch installed

Hi Guys,

I just got my clutch replace with ORC Ogura Racing clutch with carbon disc. My stock clutch weighs 35 lbs and the ORC clutch weighs 22 lbs less than stock

My tranny on the floor.

Ben AJ PwR removed the stock clutch, bearing and the fork which he has to replace it anyways.

Clutch installed

The new reverse fork has been replaced cuz the stock fork moves in a difference direction. New smaller size release bearing has been replaced at the same time.

Slave cylinder has to be replaced as well since the fork moves reversely.

Impressions
- When i first test drove the car, I notice the engine revs a lot faster and the clutch delayed problem on MY04 has been solved and I am very happy . It engages smoothly unlike ACT which when you enagage the clutch a bit faster it catches and it bangs (rough I mean).

When I am in clutch there's some rattling sound coming out from the Tranny and Ben told me that is normal but I am still not sure about this. My question is does anyone who has this type of clutch makes the same sound when you are in clutch ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Fire
Old 07-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Most aftermarket clutches transmit more drivetrain noise than stock, The stock 00-01 clutch disc did the same thing, that's why TSB 01-054 replaced the disc for a quieter one.

Flywheel weight has some effect as well. fperra has some experience with a very noisy very light ATS clutch.

The pics seem to show a floater disc, between to friction discs. If it is a twin disc clutch, expect the floater disc in between to make some noise as well.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Banned

Yes it is a single floating disk. It sounded like a rattle plate sound. I fell much better now because this is my first expierence with this kind of clutch.

Thanks very much
Old 07-20-2005, 08:03 PM

OGURA is quite possibly the best race clutch money can buy. Congrats on the purchase! How do you like it in city driving? Is it that much stiffer? Does it have a sprung hub?
Old 07-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 9000rpm inc.,Jul 20 2005, 08:03 PM

OGURA is quite possibly the best race clutch money can buy. Congrats on the purchase! How do you like it in city driving? Is it that much stiffer? Does it have a sprung hub?
City drving is good and the pedla is not heavy at all. I will rate it a bit heavier than stock which is very acceptable. It does come swith a sprung hub I think... i am not sure, I need to ask Ben about that.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by S2Fire,Jul 21 2005, 12:26 AM
City drving is good and the pedla is not heavy at all. I will rate it a bit heavier than stock which is very acceptable. It does come swith a sprung hub I think... i am not sure, I need to ask Ben about that.
Price and where to buy?
Old 07-21-2005, 07:00 AM

off topic but what is the name of that lip on your car and where can i possibly find it, im kind of liking it more then the oem one i have.

Thanks

John
Old 07-21-2005, 07:10 AM

Yes, some Super Single clutches make that rattling noise with the clutch dis-engaged..

On another note, was the new fork(different?) and slave cylinder part of the ORC package? Or are they Honda parts?

Does the new fork help reduce/banish the rattling sound when you decelerate?

Thanks

ian
Old 07-21-2005, 09:57 AM

Hey my 2000 is slipping at high RPM shifts and I think the clutch is on the way out. It only has 40K miles on it. Does this seem abnormal? Does anyone have any input on getting the clutch replaced?
Old 07-21-2005, 01:09 PM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

The new fork and slave are needed because he now has a push style instead of a pull style. I would think they came with the kit...definitely not Honda.

Quick Reply: ORC Clutch installed