S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Oil Level "Between L & H"

Old 08-13-2012, 04:23 PM
VAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad xviper's back.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by VAD
I'm glad xviper's back.
Really? I'm still undecided. He's a little too sensitive, but funny.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by doughboy78758
Where is this dipstick?
it took me a whole day to find the dipstick....
Old 08-13-2012, 08:47 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by VAD
I'm glad xviper's back.
Whats the deal with these fanboys worshipping this "xviper" guy??
Old 08-13-2012, 09:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000maniac
Originally Posted by VAD' timestamp='1344903785' post='21934540
I'm glad xviper's back.
I guess you'll have to ask them. I'm a nobody. I don't ask to be "worshipped" if that's what you think it is. I just tell it like it is and sometimes the truth is hard to take. I see stupid and I point it out so others don't get fooled. When genuine help is asked, I try to answer. You call those who know me from the past and and have seen the validity of what I say, "fanboys"? Maybe it's those who don't have a clue and don't like me who are "fanboys". You don't like me, fine. You don't like those who like me, also fine. Ignore me. I'll do the same to you. I could give a ratsass.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:27 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper
Originally Posted by s2000maniac' timestamp='1344919631' post='21935114
[quote name='VAD' timestamp='1344903785' post='21934540']
I'm glad xviper's back.
I guess you'll have to ask them. I'm a nobody. I don't ask to be "worshipped" if that's what you think it is. I just tell it like it is and sometimes the truth is hard to take. I see stupid and I point it out so others don't get fooled. When genuine help is asked, I try to answer. You call those who know me from the past and and have seen the validity of what I say, "fanboys"? Maybe it's those who don't have a clue and don't like me who are "fanboys". You don't like me, fine. You don't like those who like me, also fine. Ignore me. I'll do the same to you. I could give a ratsass.
[/quote]
I think people just like truth...

xviper - don't tire yourself out on the silliness that has become the internet. I to attempted to correct such silliness but there is too much for one person. The stupidness is growing at rates unimaginable.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:09 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
I think people just like truth...

xviper - don't tire yourself out on the silliness that has become the internet. I to attempted to correct such silliness but there is too much for one person. The stupidness is growing at rates unimaginable.
You're right.
I don't really consider that I'm "back". Let's just say sometimes, paths intersect. I don't involve myself in many threads this time around and I don't stay subscribed to them for long. It seems it doesn't take much time before the lips, beaks and other body parts catch up with me. And there's a new batch every year. "Time of day" is harder to find and I don't care to give it out much anymore.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Xviper is cool as hell, just too many trolls and b series kiddys trying to provoke him. I wish the trolls would provoke the admins so they disappear. Xviper is cool and knows his stuff!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:45 AM

Received 1,398 Likes on 837 Posts

It is very important that the oil never goes beyond the top Diamond or X. In other words, no filling to the top of the H. This can result in oil hydrolock via the PCV valve.

It happened to a customer of mine at the dragon. .7 quart overfull, the crankshaft smacked the oil hard enough to get it airborn and into the PCV system. The oil hydrolocked the cylinder, and he snapped a connecting rod.

Took an entire weekend to get a U-haul trailer and get him home.

Connecting rod bearing was in perfect condition. Cylinder wall was perfect. Inner intake runners, combustion chamber, and piston top were soaked with oil. After taking the engine apart, I was able to confirm with the customer he was .7 quarts overfill.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:25 AM

BillM, that's kind of what I was suggesting. Better to error on the side of just below the top "H" than to strive for it. Especially depending on when you check and fill the oil (hot/cold) as you might up end up over the top "H" when trying to get it right at the top. Honda does say to stay in between, maybe to error on the side of caution for user error. It might not make a difference whether your at the top X or bottom X but probably better to aim for the middle for most users in order to error on the side of away from overfilling. That's what Honda's intention might have been.

As for XViper, I think when he acts like that he's just trolling. His post was long and thought out, it was edited a few times, all of which means he put a lot of undeserving time and effort into it. Some of you may fear to call him out on his bullshit or are just not smart enough to. I'm calling BS. I like that he's around though as he entertains me. To me that's what's important, my entertainment.

Quick Reply: Oil Level "Between L & H"