S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Oil Leak Under Timing Chain Tensioner?

Old 03-18-2014, 11:07 AM

Received 479 Likes on 391 Posts

So the upper vtec solenoid gasket isn't leaking, the vtec solenoid isn't leaking, the tct plate isn't leaking nor is the valve cover gasket as these have all been replaced,so it's either the tct o-rings or the oil pressure switch, luckily the o-ring for the oil pressure switch is a shared part with many other Hondas so your dealer should have it.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem 2 years ago. I had to redo TCT for like 3 times to stop leaking. New gaskets didn't help until I hondabond the hell of both gaskets.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone who fixed this pm me how to get rid of this annoying problem?....... My vtec solenoid doesn't seem to be leaking. It seems to come from the diamond shape thing below it. So it's the tct cover right? It has a little oil fom the bolt that holds the diamond plate shape thing onto the block of the car..... It looks like it bolts on with 2 bolts to the block. And has a diamond shaped plate that 2 bolts how onto that.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redap186
Can anyone who fixed this pm me how to get rid of this annoying problem?....... My vtec solenoid doesn't seem to be leaking. It seems to come from the diamond shape thing below it. So it's the tct cover right? It has a little oil fom the bolt that holds the diamond plate shape thing onto the block of the car..... It looks like it bolts on with 2 bolts to the block. And has a diamond shaped plate that 2 bolts how onto that.
Two bolts hold the diamond shape cover on to the TCT, then two more bolts hold the TCT to the head. There is a triangular gasket under the diamond shape cover that could be leaking.

Part #14.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...FT+-+CAM+CHAIN

You can also see part #15 and 16 that are gaskets for the TCT/head.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Copied this reply from another "oil leak" thread. People get a small torque wrench and do this properly. You should not have leaks on your TCT after o-rings, cover gasket and oil sensor o-ring replacement, as well as vtec solenoid gasket.

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101
Bringing this thread back, for those of you that have a TCT leak even after replacing both o rings and the inspection plate gasket, as well as the vtec solenoid gasket. If the bolts are not torqued equally it will leak. I had a very small leak from the tct seam and neither TCT bolt was torqued the same, so I put a dab of oil on the bolt mounting face, got a 1/4 tq wrench in there and torqued both bolts to 96 in/lbs leak solved.

If one bolt is torqued more than the other it'll create a small clearance, torquing them equally forces the TCT to sit flush on it's machined mounting surface.
The following users liked this post:
Streetfury (04-12-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 08:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by teggboi
Copied this reply from another "oil leak" thread. People get a small torque wrench and do this properly. You should not have leaks on your TCT after o-rings, cover gasket and oil sensor o-ring replacement, as well as vtec solenoid gasket.
Thank you for sharing this

Has anyone tried this yet to see if it's resolved their issues? I just discovered I'm having the same problem