S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Oil Filter

Old 08-21-2001, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shingles
[B]

1) it's possible, don't you think?
Old 08-21-2001, 04:17 PM

Marcucci,

How about the best of both worlds, the JDM Honda filter? Based on my OEM engine experience, I'd bet that 100% of Honda's testing and development of the F20C was done with that filter. It's the one that comes on our car, right?

My next question, is, how do we go about obtaining these filters? Where'd you get the one you cut apart? I'd certainly be willing to pay a premium for these. I've got oil change #1 quickly approaching, and I'd like to have a small stockpile of JDM filters by then.

TIA.
Old 08-21-2001, 04:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Windscreen
[B]Marcucci,

How about the best of both worlds, the JDM Honda filter?
Old 08-21-2001, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just to clarify one point...

a car manufacturer cannot condition a written or implied warranty by brand, manufacturer, or corporate name (for example Honda says we only can use Honda parts) unless they provide the part free of charge. The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. This does not extend to parts that did not require replacement due to common use (such as an exhaust or brakelines...Honda would repair or replace these free of charge if they did indeed break or wear within the warranty period) but does not necessarily void warranty coverage if what is needed has nothing to do with the non covered part (you have an spoon exhaust but your issue is your power windows). However, (just to be fair) the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty. I am referring to 15 U.S.C. 2302
Old 08-22-2001, 04:51 PM

I will suggest you to use H.A.M.P. (Honda After Market Parts) oil filter. 20% better filtration and plus it is made by Honda Japan... otherwords made in Japan!!
Old 08-23-2001, 04:50 AM

Originally posted by AJ PwR
I will suggest you to use H.A.M.P. (Honda After Market Parts) oil filter. 20% better filtration and plus it is made by Honda Japan... otherwords made in Japan!!
Got one sitting on my workbench, I still need to test it. My source in HK can get these as well, but I think there is someone else already importing them (someone sent me this filter to try). When I get the time (hopefully this weekend) I'll carve it up like I did the others.

Rumor is that these are "better" and cheaper than the JDM Honda ones.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:34 AM
Ira

Yesterday I had a Honda dealership change my oil in the S2000 and was pissed with the results!!! When the technician was changing the oil, some how oil was sprayed over the motor compartment and when they returned my car to me smoke was coming from the hood. The Honda dealership told me not to worry because the oil would burn off with time.

By this time I was so steamed that they were offering to remedy the problem by steam cleaning the engine compartment. After the steam cleaning it wasn
Old 08-23-2001, 11:39 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ira
[B]Yesterday I had a Honda dealership change my oil in the S2000 and was pissed with the results!!!
Old 08-23-2001, 03:13 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to here about that one bud!

Cause: I'm sure when the original filter was removed the tech did not check if the seal came away clean with it. When the new one was installed oil leaked between the two seals (new and old). Found that one the hard way on my Jeep.
Old 08-23-2001, 03:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ira
[B]Yesterday I had a Honda dealership change my oil in the S2000 and was pissed with the results!!!

Quick Reply: Oil Filter