S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

oil Consumption

Old 12-11-2006, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidvonyork,Dec 11 2006, 12:22 PM
The srt-4 is a fast car, and you can make it fast very easily, howerver a s2000 is considerably harder to make fast. I also hate the fact that any mod for the s2k is fricking expensive. The srt-4 is alot easier to mod mullla wise.

Srt-4 pwns s2k from roll.

I have had my s2k for almost 8 months and it just isnt for me, its not fast enough, and it costs to much to make it fast enough.
Where's that "Got Class" T shirt when you need it? j/k You sound more like an SRT4 driver anyway.

FWD + Dodge reliabilty + Neon looks = Sick whip
Old 12-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Banned

Judge away, i could care less.....you forget i still drive a s2k and am stepping down willfully.....
Old 12-11-2006, 07:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry you feel that way, i personally will never go back to a high powered front wheel drive car...

If you want to go fast for cheap, srt-4 is NOT the way to go. Seriously, if all you want is to go fast in a straight line, then a) the S isn't the right car for you as youre missing over 1/2 of the fun, and b) you should get a big block muscle car.. stang, camaro, etc and womp on every srt-4.

anyway, when you get that skittle, you can come pay me a visit
Old 12-11-2006, 07:22 PM

sorry you feel that way, i personally will never go back to a high powered front wheel drive car...

trading a 2-door rwd roadster for a 4-door fwd sedan; good god.....

if you want something turbo, get a friggin wrx or something; do you really want a neon? if so, go for it!
-Chris
Old 12-11-2006, 07:41 PM

Dont see why an oil consumption problem(experienced by many as well as corrected w/ krank vents) would cause you to so irrationally and abrtuplty sell your car out of disgust But if you have lost "that feeling" towards your S2000 I encourage you to get rid of it. Im sure that SRT-4 is gonna be burnning more oil than that w/ 67k on the clock(turbo rebuilds and the whole nine yards). Plus if you want straight line speed you buy a V8. Ya I know turbo front's are fast(as many of my friends have turbo B series motors in thier hondas) but a camarro ss(11k for an 2000) w/ a cam alone will be faster than that srt and alot out there. So if your into straight line speed just buy a V8.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by davidvonyork,Dec 11 2006, 12:22 PM
The srt-4 is a fast car, and you can make it fast very easily, howerver a s2000 is considerably harder to make fast. I also hate the fact that any mod for the s2k is fricking expensive. The srt-4 is alot easier to mod mullla wise.

Srt-4 pwns s2k from roll.

I have had my s2k for almost 8 months and it just isnt for me, its not fast enough, and it costs to much to make it fast enough.
Yeah but it is a Neon.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:14 AM

Look as someone else stated take a look at the WRX instead of the neon it is a better car. If you want forced induction plus the added benefit of all wheel drive it will put all that power to the ground much better. A bit more expensive but not to much. You play around with the neon to much and they go boom. Not to reliable.

Swiftoy
Old 12-12-2006, 10:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear your S2k goes threw that much oil!

But, Remember, You get what you pay for. Two of my good friends loved their srt-4's, they hated honda's with a passion! Now, They are both selling their srt-4's and going to honda

The one friend(19) said he just wants a car that will last threw college. He knows the srt-4 wont. The other(27) said it was fun at first, but everytime he drives the car he wants to kill someone! Its had so many problems, Lucky warranty covered most of it or he would be out like 6k. Thats just repairs. Days in the shop equal about how many days he has been able to drive it

But, Get what you like. Remember, They are cheap for a reason! How long did the srt-4 last anyways, 3 years?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:17 PM

Some good info about the oil consumption. A good laugh about this guy on his way to Neon ownership. Enjoy your F/I American reliability!! We will *cough* will not miss you!!
Old 12-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Banned

Ok i cracked and i admit it. WIth the problems i had with my invidia, test pipe (my own fault) and oil burning situation....i kinda freaked out. I got all my aftermarket mods off from invidia, and got to driving around, and i cannot go through with it. I cant imagine the feeling of not having something special anymore. I just got really pissed at the car and wanted something else. Not to mention, after seeing one up close, and picturing every day in the thing.......no thanks.....

/goes into seclusion after admiting he wanted a neon........the irony

Quick Reply: oil Consumption