S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Oh! Deer.

Old 12-10-2001, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh! Deer.

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving around 8:00p.m., my wife and I were going shopping, we decided to take the S2000, we were travelling on Ohio St. Rt. 32 a 4 lane highway around 65 mph there was a car riding right along beside me, I guess they were checking out the S2000, we were coming upon a semi in my lane, about the time I was getting ready to slow down and let the car get out of my way so I could go to the passing lane the truck hit his brakes and swerved right, the car hit his brakes and stayed along beside of me, then all at once a deer rolled out from under the trailer axles, I didn't have anywhere to go, we hit the deer head on, the S2000 ramped over him, I just knew the frontend was gone, we got off the road and when we got out the odor like to have knocked us down, we walked to the front of the car and there wasn't a scratch on it, the only thing I found was about 12 deer hairs, but at the rear of the car it looked like something out of a horror movie, blood everywhere, and under the car it was a grusome site deer pieces, organs, intestines hanging everywhere, cooking on the exhaust. I couldn't believe it. The only damage, the check engine light was on. After many days of cleaning the undercarriage, I tryed many of the suggestions of S2Ki members on the check engine light. I gave up and took it to a dealer, the problem was the O2 sensor, got it replaced and the S2000 is as good as new. I want to thank everyone who responded to my first post on the check engine light.
Old 12-10-2001, 07:35 AM

Wow...I salute you and your incredible luck.
Old 12-10-2001, 07:36 AM

That's amazing, I'm sure you already realize how lucky you are... Glad to hear everyone is ok. Sorry to hear about the deer....
Old 12-10-2001, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have experienced the catalytic fried bambi smell, not real pleasant!

I'm so glad you; your wife and the S2000 made out so well.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I know this will sound sick; but, Do you have any pictures?
Old 12-10-2001, 10:33 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally posted by BAD S2K
I know this will sound sick; but, Do you have any pictures?
Yes that is sick! Though I had to laugh/cringe at the parts cooking on the exhaust.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure the heavy 18-wheeler tenderized Bambi long before you got a shot at her...
Old 12-10-2001, 05:56 PM

Man you're LUCKY ! The deer population in Ohio is on the rise. It not unusual to see 20 or so deer out in a field just outside of town grazing in a field. 20 years ago you would have been very lucky to see just 1 deer a year. Two years ago a cousin who lives in SE Ohio was following car that struck a deer. The deer slide over the hood and went hoofs first through the front window. Kicking a mother and her two children to death. My cousin is still haunted by what she saw that day. You are so lucky !
Old 12-11-2001, 07:46 AM

Sorry I didn't take any pictures. There wasn't enough deer left after I hit him to tell it was a deer. He must have exploded when the bellhousing got him, because it was nothing but blood and guts from there on back. I really think the only thing that saved us and the S2000 was that when he rolled out from the semis trailer axles his legs were pointing at us and they acted like ramps and I dont think I let up on the gas until we cleared him.
Old 12-11-2001, 10:58 AM

That is quite the testament as to how tough the S2000 is!
Glad the damage was so minimal.

Quick Reply: Oh! Deer.