S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

The Official "MOD to Stay Away From"

Old 11-08-2006, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my white emotions.. cuz they are a PAIN IN THE ARSE TO CLEAN..

but when they are clean its soo nice.. lol ... so I only hate it once a week
Old 11-09-2006, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buying a JIC Ti single exhaust. I had two of them and broke them both in a month (the resenator welds broke and you could hear it bouncing around in the exhaust )

I regret putting an Invidia exhaust on the car (after the two JIC's broke), got tired of yelling at my passengers just to have a conversation and could not hear the radio Now that I have a Toda I will never buy another exhaust for this car.

With previous cars I bought a US manufactured CF hood (seibon, VIS whatever) and it looked like Sh!t after about 8 months and regretted it. Now if I buy CF it is just for weight reduction after it fades it will get some flat black paint on top function over form baby!

I have regrets on most of the Spoon sports parts I've purchased over the years: Thermostat and thermo switch both lasted less than a year, lower tie bars after seeing multiple ones come back bent (during street use) . The only Spoon sports parts I would ever consider is res. covers, steering wheels, radiator hoses, SW388's, and brake calipers. Otherwise I will stick to Mugen, ASM, ARC, Toda, Comptech and Prodrive

Sorry for the long post
Old 11-13-2006, 07:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1)grounding kit: didn't do a jacksh-t, as expected, I made them with extra monster cable around

2)covering the convertible tray: the rear plastic still scratch up even there's a thick cushion there, broken 30 dollar worth of tabs when removing it.

3)front upper tower bar: didn't feel anything and i do have a sensitive butt

THANKS all the S2ki.com guys out there, who tried something and giving honest review without feeling stupid for buying useless part, you guys are great
Old 11-21-2006, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Nov 2 2006, 07:33 PM

I bought a J's Engine damper. Then had to re-engineer it to fit the car so I didn't have to bend my AC lines. In the end I can't tell if it is installed or not. $300 to make my car heavier.

The fuse box mounting tab is now gone, so the ETD is staying.
the ETD wont make a big difference.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Nov 8 2006, 07:53 PM
I used apparently the best stuff you could buy. I read a review of all the top sound deadening materials and this came out on top. I think it was like second skin audio or something. I actually forget, deleted the website from my favorites.

I lined my whole interior cabin with it and then even put some sound deadening foam on top of it to help with the deadening.

I expected it to reduce some wind noise, road noise, and maybe help out on the drone of the invidia (this was before I got the testpipe). My car was just as loud with it in as it was without anything. NO reduction in wind, road, or droneing noise.

PITA to install and total pos. Its going to be fun taking it all out

Should have just got the testpipe, that killed most of the drone
not sure how or where you read how to sound deaden but applying the deadener is only 1 part of reducing noise.

regardless, it is impossible for sound deadener alone to reduce significant amounts of outside noise. there will always be vibrations and vibrations give off resonance frequencies.

u need a closed cell foam on top of the deadener to create a barrier where wavelengths are not able to pass through.

then in hollow/open areas something to break and absorb wavelengths.

scroll down to middle of the page http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=pr

here is my car. never did the back area yet. i reduced about -6db of road noise with the deadening and the hardtop.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:49 PM

I wish I got the Amuse R1000 instead of the Invidia V3, just because the Amuse is sooo badass
Old 11-21-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SebringDemon,Nov 21 2006, 05:54 PM
not sure how or where you read how to sound deaden but applying the deadener is only 1 part of reducing noise.

regardless, it is impossible for sound deadener alone to reduce significant amounts of outside noise. there will always be vibrations and vibrations give off resonance frequencies.

u need a closed cell foam on top of the deadener to create a barrier where wavelengths are not able to pass through.

then in hollow/open areas something to break and absorb wavelengths.

scroll down to middle of the page http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=pr

here is my car. never did the back area yet. i reduced about -6db of road noise with the deadening and the hardtop.

Is this stuff heavy? I've used dynamat before in a previous car and made the sound nice and crisp but the crap was so heavy.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:58 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Its heavy... For the minimal amount of road noise I canceled out, it wasn't worth it at all.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might laugh, but . . . nitrous.

I put a 50-shot in about a year after I got the car. While the performance increase was nice it was such a PITA to refill the bottle (and take up so much trunk space) that I wouldn't use it just so I didn't have to get the bottle filled again. I finally got P.O.'ed and bought a Comptech SC. Best thing I've ever done.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by racecarpete,Nov 21 2006, 07:21 PM
Is this stuff heavy? I've used dynamat before in a previous car and made the sound nice and crisp but the crap was so heavy.
i added about 30lbs total. RAAMmat doesnt weigh as much as dynamat extreme.

Quick Reply: The Official "MOD to Stay Away From"