S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

The Official "MOD to Stay Away From"

Old 05-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

inline pro rear swap slowed me down .3 tenths. lol for 3 g's. and they dont make ring and pinnions for the r200
Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If pressed I suppose of all the mods I've done (see link in my signature) the one that has never provided any benefit thusfar is the Greddy oil catch tank. Nary a drop of oil has made it into the tank nor are any of the lines evidencing any oil. I don't track the car so that may be the crux of the matter, meaning the system has never been stressed to the point where a catch tank makes sense. (And yes, Fram FV388 PCV valves have been changed out regularly.)

Old 05-06-2009, 12:11 PM

i would never spend 4 or 5 grand for a turbo or a supercharger, because after owning a bike that is when i know what "speed" truly is. =D
Old 05-06-2009, 12:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Momo E Brake...

it would take alot of time just to put it on plus you need a boot cover.. sucks..
Old 08-28-2011, 03:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Resurrected... again!

Just wanna see what other owners regret doing to their s2k.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Mugen bucket seats that came with the car. They are hard to get in and out of but the low seating position and hold are great. Sometimes I long for the ability to recline for leisurely drives so I kind of regret not putting the stock seats back in. But if I did that, I'd regret not having the bucket seats when on the track. Lol
Old 07-16-2013, 06:44 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Resurrecting from dead...

BAD Mods:
Hasport diff mounts: pain to install & made diff clunks horrible inside (stay with OEM)
Brembo semi-metalic pads: after washing car i would get rust spots inside the wheels (Stay with AP1 OEM unless you track your car)
Braided brake hoses: didnt feel any difference
CF cooling plate: would rub on a bonnet (so ended up scratching paint off)
crapy hood dampers of ebay - bracket moved like it does and scratched edge of my fender
carbon short aerial - looked nice but crapy radio reception

GOOD mods:
PC680 Battery with NSX custome bracket - great cranking power and looks awesome (some weight saving)
Redline tuning hood struts - mount to the center of bonnet instead of the usual place on hinge, much beter looking and work well. (cheaper than SOS dampers too)
Infitnity 6.25" speakers - awesome clear sound
Pioneer DEH80-PRS and dash interface - functions like stock but adds awesome sound and functions
Ap2 silver radio door - great interior mod
K&N FPIK - like the sound and lots of room in engine bay (some weigh saving too)
AB speed overflow bottle - cost a bit but i couldnt stand the hideous white bottle any more (pure bling mod tho)
Invidia Q300 and 70mm TP - little loud but cheap and looks good if kept clean (huge weight savings so i like it)
Buddyclub P1 SF in white - need lots of cleaning but look great

OK mods
megan/hardrace engine mounts: horrible at first but after few miles vibration settles a bit and they are livable ($300 tho!)
tegiwa brake stoper: - makes minimal difference to brake feel, mostly engine bay bling
PLM header - bitch to install (kind of) some midrange felt on butt dyno but made engine noises more pronounced.
Ebay drilled rotors - got the ones with powdercoated centers so no rust and held up ok
Old 07-18-2013, 10:27 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Oil catch cans.. useless, only if you do hard core racing.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by miloking

BAD Mods:
Hasport diff mounts: pain to install & made diff clunks horrible inside (stay with OEM)

OK mods
megan/hardrace engine mounts: horrible at first but after few miles vibration settles a bit and they are livable ($300 tho!)

Ebay drilled rotors - got the ones with powdercoated centers so no rust and held up ok
First time I've ever heard of someone saying no to the Hasport mounts and yes to the Megan Racing ones. Ever.

All things considered, probably my FIPK, which has since been sold and replaced with my OEM box. In humid areas like NC, it's worthless in the summer.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by black_EM1
Originally Posted by miloking' timestamp='1374029043' post='22670332

BAD Mods:

OK mods

First time I've ever heard of someone saying no to the Hasport mounts and yes to the Megan Racing ones. Ever.

All things considered, probably my FIPK, which has since been sold and replaced with my OEM box. In humid areas like NC, it's worthless in the summer.

Dont get me wrong hasport mounts are absolutely beautiful to look at and very well made.. just made my car horribly noisy each time you went on/off gas or changed gear any diff clunk would pass thru cabin and not in a cool this is what a "race car" sounds like way but more in your car sounds like "something is about to break" way

So like i said dont waste money stick to OEM.

Quick Reply: The Official "MOD to Stay Away From"