S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

OEM Lug nuts become loose

Old 02-28-2017, 12:57 PM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by slalom44
If you have never used a mallet, you don't know what I'm talking about. The mallet doesn't deal with obstructions. It "vibrates" the wheel to migrate to the exact center of the lug holes. If you ever used a mallet (or your heel, fist, or whatever) you'd know what I'm talking about. If you have never done this, you won't.

That's my point. The OP likely didn't have his wheel centered properly. It's not about blunt force and I never suggested that. He believed that his lug nuts actually loosened. Suggestions came in that were unlikely, yet uncriticized. I gave a suggestion that would truly prevent the problem and I get sarcastic responses. This forum should encourage the sharing of different ideas, not cutting people down because you don't do it their way.
I see what you're saying.

The issue is to get the wheel to seat properly. A mallet is not necessary to do this. But a mallet would work, given you're not masking an obstruction by using said mallet.

However, your initial post suggested that a wheel would not seat properly unless a mallet were used - so the wording may not be reflecting your message.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have never used a mallet, you don't know what I'm talking about. The mallet doesn't deal with obstructions. It "vibrates" the wheel to migrate to the exact center of the lug holes. If you ever used a mallet (or your heel, fist, or whatever) you'd know what I'm talking about. If you have never done this, you won't.

That's my point. The OP likely didn't have his wheel centered properly. It's not about blunt force and I never suggested that. He believed that his lug nuts actually loosened. Suggestions came in that were unlikely, yet uncriticized. I gave a suggestion that would truly prevent the problem and I get sarcastic responses. This forum should encourage the sharing of different ideas, not cutting people down because you don't do it their way.
I pretty much appreciate your reply. There's no right or wrong, and the method that works is the correct one. I think ppl here are not throwing sarcastic words. Trust me it's better having arguments than silence, and suggestions are ALWAYS more than welcome.

Thank you!
Old 02-28-2017, 01:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jyeung528
I see what you're saying.

The issue is to get the wheel to seat properly. A mallet is not necessary to do this. But a mallet would work, given you're not masking an obstruction by using said mallet.

However, your initial post suggested that a wheel would not seat properly unless a mallet were used - so the wording may not be reflecting your message.
Haha keyword is not mallet.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:08 PM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

key word is karate chop - hiii yahh, to seat the wheel.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:56 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

This forum should encourage the sharing of different ideas, not cutting people down because you don't do it their way.
I agree. Its a sign of the times.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
I agree. Its a sign of the times.
When the different ideas are akin to waving a magic wand, they should be shut down. Part of what makes this website the caliber that it is, is the standards we all raise. Couple that with the value of giving someone a hard time when they deserve it, is also important for the entertainment value portion of the website

Id say 90% of my 24,000 some post are information based. Ive been here quite a wile and enjoy helping people, but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade. And finding humor in life is a good thing. Some people are overly sensitive, not much can be done about that. They will learn or they wont.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:10 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Couple that with the value of giving someone a hard time when they deserve it, is also important for the entertainment value portion of the website
Whatever. Personally, I don't find ridiculing people particularly entertaining. I think the forum would be better without that sort of thing. But, I do appreciate all the knowledge that you and others share for freely here. I have learned a lot. It has enhanced my late life return to cars and wrenching in a major way. Thanks for that.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
Whatever. Personally, I don't find ridiculing people particularly entertaining. I think the forum would be better without that sort of thing. But, I do appreciate all the knowledge that you and others share for freely here. I have learned a lot. It has enhanced my late life return to cars and wrenching in a major way. Thanks for that.