S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Odd vacuum line is plugged by bolt. Can you help identify?

Old 10-08-2013, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd vacuum line is plugged by bolt. Can you help identify?

I recently bought a 2002 AP1. The engine was rebuilt and I believe some or at least one of the vacuum lines they ran are incorrect. This last weekend, I did a map whack, changed the oil, cleaned the iacv and reset the ecu from the 7.5 fuse. Everything was going fine and then I got a CEL this morning on the way to work. The car is still running and driving great. After looking through everything, I did notice that one line is capped off by a bolt, I know this can't be right.

Can you guys help idenify what this is and where it needs to go. I've looked at the vacuum line diagram but can't seem to figure this out. The line that is connected, is at such a weird position, that it basically "kinks" itself and can't be flowing much of anything. Here are some pictures I tried to take.

Here is a few pictures. to try and show, it's kind of hard to get a decent picture of.

I've also noticed that these two lines are apparently switched often by people not use to f20's. Is this correct?

Old 10-08-2013, 12:48 PM

Received 1,338 Likes on 810 Posts

Your line that "starts here" is supposed to go into a metal T. One end goes to a port on top of the intake, the other goes to the EVAP purge valve, located straight down from the IAC valve on the side of the intake. A pic of the top of the intake would help.

In you last pic, your lines are in the correct spot.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250
Your line that "starts here" is supposed to go into a metal T. One end goes to a port on top of the intake, the other goes to the EVAP purge valve, located straight down from the IAC valve on the side of the intake. A pic of the top of the intake would help.

In you last pic, your lines are in the correct spot.
Thanks for your quick reply sir. I will try and take a better picture and do some more inspecting after work. The line that is capped looks to be a standard rubber hose that is attached to the metal tee you mentioned. I will verify but I beleieve it is the metal tee that is being capped by that hose. Sorry for the horrible pictures, I know that doesn't really help you folks.