S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

O2 Wideband Sensors

Old 06-29-2005, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Wideband Sensors

I'm looking into using a Wide-Band O2 Sensor with Brockway's "Racer data display"(RDD).

See: King Motorsports

Only thing is that I've not seen allot of info around regarding wideband O2 sensors. Anyone know what will work with a 2002 S2K, and who makes it ?

(I'm thinking Bosch, but I've checked their website... It don't tell me squat, outside of the basic O2 sensors)

Maybe AEM's UEGO may work.... Anyone have experiance with this system working with the RDD?

***At least this way, I might be able to better tune in my fuel settings***
Old 06-29-2005, 09:24 AM

I had an Innovate Motorsports XD-1 LC-1 combo and loved it.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:43 PM

Is this an external kit, or is this a permament solution?

Keep in mind that i am looking for something that can work with the "Racer data display" and work with the ECU without modifing alot of stuff. (No wiring to cut and splice, no other mods to add, or compatability issues)

End result is that i'll have a data system that can read the O2 sensor and give real time figures on the F/A ratio as i drive the car.... basicly i wouldn't need a dyno ever!
Old 06-29-2005, 12:59 PM

No the XD-1 LC-1combo will not work with your racer display. I don't know why you are set on using that. The XD1 LC1 is a complete stand alone wideband O2 sensor with gauge and O2 simulators for your factory ECU. YOu buy it install it and it is all you will ever need to constantly monitor your A/F ratios.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:02 PM

The unit you are looking at will only monitor O2 if the car is factory equipped with wideband o2 sensors, The S2000 is not ,the S2000 O2 sensors are narrowband.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:57 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Candyass is right. The display shows OBDII data so whatever the ECU outputs is what it displays.

I guess it is conceivable that it will show you the narrowband data but it won't be very accurate. It would also be possible to install a wideband with a 0-1V output (such as the AEM) feeding into the ECU and this may give you more accuracy but it still isn't true wideband.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:28 PM

Reasons why I'm partal to the "Racer data display" (RDD):

-The RDD plugs right into the OBDII port, requiring no wiring what so ever.

-It can read and clear CEL codes.

-It can monitor your engine sensors in real time. (Including A/F ratio)

-RDD version 900 E comes with a shift light.

Basicly it boils down to this.... RDD to monitor the cars senors to tell me whats going on under the hood, and the VFAC-II to tweak and peak my fuel settings. The only part of this puzzle that isn't complete is the O2 sensor, because as i understand it, the S2000 uses a Narrow Band Sensor. (Correct me if I'm wrong about that)

What i am looking for is some way to incorperate a wide band sensor (If needed) and have the ability to read it, without having to re-wire my whole car. I'm seen several items to do this, but very little is shown about how this works, is setup, or if it will work with any other systems on the market.

Items I've looked into so far:
-AEM UEGO
-"Racer data display" (RDD)
-XD-1 LC-1combo

P.S. I haven't purchased anything yet... I'm just looking into this as a possability.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The techedge 2c0 unit is nice and compact, and has a narrow band simulator output to mimic the factory narrowband output. Their prices are good considering the quality of the unit.

http://techedge.com.au/
Old 06-29-2005, 11:27 PM

the bottom line is that you will not find something that will let your narrow band sensors become wideband and be monitored through the rdd.If you want a truly accurate wideband o2 you will need to get a true wideband sensor and gauge like the innovate motorsports or plx devices.These both require an extra bung be welded into your exhaust somewhere.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:32 PM

Dam that sux...

Anyhow... thank you for your input / advice. I'll be review everything shortly before I make my purchase. once i get this all set up, i'll post my results.

Quick Reply: O2 Wideband Sensors