S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

not running right...

Old 03-20-2016, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could possibly be an issue with the fuel pressure regulator. I've seen other cars that the diagram can get a small hole allowing fuel to get through the vacuum port.

Worth a quick look....
Old 03-20-2016, 05:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have anyone to swap injectors with ? Every misfire I've had with these cars has been injector related and it ends up showing on multiple cylinders .

Would also seemingly run fine and still drop a code . Also had the coasting stalls before replacement .
Old 03-20-2016, 07:09 PM

my friend has an ap2 so maybe he'd be willing to swap injectors. are they the same? also how can i test the fpr?
Old 03-20-2016, 10:26 PM

Received 126 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon_APjuan
my friend has an ap2 so maybe he'd be willing to swap injectors. are they the same? also how can i test the fpr?
00-05 are the same.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:07 PM

alright so i did a compression test as well as a leakdown test today, the compression test came in at 195 across all for cylinders. as for the leakdown test cylinder 1,3,and 2 came in at about 12% while cylinder 4 came in at 3% which i found very odd. also on cylinder 4 when i was checking it i took my air intake off and opened the throttle body and you could hear the slightest amount of air seemed to be coming through. so im thinking i have some valve sealing issue on that cylinder. also noticed some oily film in the intake manifold. i guess my next step would be to pull the valve cover and check valve lash correct?
Old 03-22-2016, 03:45 PM

Always worth your while to adjust valves in these cars if you haven't yet. I have my doubts that this will fix your issue though based on your description in your original post.

Keep us in the loop on your findings with the valve lash.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:17 PM

yeah i will be doing the valve lash thursday night after, i have my doubts as well but like you said it doesnt hurt as i have never done it and idk if it was previously done. we will see though
Old 03-23-2016, 05:18 AM

Received 1,533 Likes on 1,037 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon_APjuan
alright so i did a compression test as well as a leakdown test today, the compression test came in at 195 across all for cylinders. as for the leakdown test cylinder 1,3,and 2 came in at about 12% while cylinder 4 came in at 3% which i found very odd. also on cylinder 4 when i was checking it i took my air intake off and opened the throttle body and you could hear the slightest amount of air seemed to be coming through. so im thinking i have some valve sealing issue on that cylinder. also noticed some oily film in the intake manifold. i guess my next step would be to pull the valve cover and check valve lash correct?
Are the 195 readings with the engine at operating temp?
Old 03-23-2016, 11:33 AM

Nope cold
Old 04-09-2016, 05:36 PM

alright so its been a while but heres an update, i decided instead of checking valve lash to swap around injectors and hope for the misfire to move. i swapped them around and started driving it and the CEL went off on its own so i was thinking great i had some sort of clog or i jossled something free. on the way it home it died because it was leaking fuel. i decided to pull the injectors and have them sent off to get cleaned and flow tested by deatschwerks, i got them back and the data sheet they provided showed that i did infact have a low flow from the one of the injectors but its cleaned now so all shold be well. i put them in and the car wont start now. there are no fuel leaks and i pulled the plugs and they were in fact wet so i cleaned them off and let the car sit for an hour in case fuel was in the cylinders. put the plugs back in and still doesnt start. every couple of cranks ill get a loud back fire that seems to be coming from the intake. im at a loss here, any help would be greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: not running right...