S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

To nos or not to nos??

Old 10-17-2002, 05:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad nitrous oxide impresses nobody at all (except F&F fans
Ahhh Thats why When i was at the stewart airport/airforce base
the two Aircraft mechanics when looking at my car where like ..Nitrous ....Sweet mod Nice install.

F&F crowd......Ahhhh Although many import guys use Nitrous The routes of this is in american muscle. Funny My friend with the vette and my other friend with the camaro both have nitrous they are in there 40's and don't know boo about imports. Its also funny That I have been reading articles on Nitrous since i was a kid and use to get HodROd magazine and CArcraft MAg in the 70's. HMMMMMM
Wait a minute i actually think the routes of this mod where in airplane engines..........Oh MY .........BABABABA Blacksheep!
Old 10-17-2002, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your absolutly right. Nitrous was invented by the Nazi Germans who used it in their fighters. US airmen reported tailing Nazi Meserschmitz (SP?) in a dog fight when an "odd puff of blue smoke" would shoot out of the aircraft and the German plane would accelerate very quickly.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:48 PM

so who first put nitrous into car engines? i hope it was the us so i can tell off those rednecks who say nitrous is an import thing and it should go back to its own country
Old 10-18-2002, 08:22 PM

Does any one know if the nitrous bottle fit into the spare wheel compartment?
If it does, this would be the great stealth intalling location!!!
Old 10-18-2002, 08:46 PM

If you blow your engine using Nitrous can it be detected by Honda? Also lets say you used Nitrous before, ran it without nitrous for a week and then blew your engine would it still be detectable? Basically is there anyway to have N20 and still keep warranty?
Old 10-18-2002, 08:50 PM

Power is power, regardless of how you look at it, I agree with that. But people look upon power in different ways, if your car runs 15's, but you push it with nitrous to run 12's-13's I'm not impressed. That is just me though, but here is a tip genius, if you post in a public forum you are bound to find people with opinions. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Also, I was not telling you to take my advice, I gave you my opinion on what you should do.
Recommendation doesn't = DO THIS NOW
Recommendation does = Suggestion

Originally posted by USAF_Chris
My recommendation is to save your money....
And Nitrous on muscle cars means what to me? Absolutely nothing. It is a easy way to get power, some call it cheating, some don't, some say power is power. Power is power but I have different views on how to get there. I have much more respect for an all motor (or even a well built/tuned sc/turbo) b18c1, b18c5, LS/Vtec, B20, CRV-tec, etc. that runs 12's-13's compared to a $700 nitrous kit strapped on to a b16. When someone one runs nitrous against a car (non FI especially) I feel that something is lacking. In Charlotte, the majority of the people (that I know and roll with) frown upon it. At the majority of the races (street) the people running nitrous get shunned.

Btw, remember one (1) thing, people will voice their opinion.

Chris

P.S.
I didn't mean to start a flame war or personally offend anyone.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:06 PM

Originally posted by supwithyou
If you blow your engine using Nitrous can it be detected by Honda? Also lets say you used Nitrous before, ran it without nitrous for a week and then blew your engine would it still be detectable? Basically is there anyway to have N20 and still keep warranty?
I heard that if you blown your motor with nitrous, there is a blue discoloration that is left on the internal parts. This is visible and detectable by anyone.

If the motor blown by itself, when nitrous is off, then it depends on how well you installed the nitrous (or should i say how stock the car look when you uninstalll the unit)
Old 10-19-2002, 07:38 AM

if you run nitrous, can you also get a turbo/SC? I am speeking on a s2000.
What i meen is if i get a nitrous set up tommarow, can i get a turbo the next week, or is it either or?
Xv7vX
Old 10-19-2002, 09:56 AM

Yes you can still do a Turbo/Supercharger along with Nitrous. There are a few people in these forums who have done so. Cant remember who it was but one was running a Vortech SC with 50shot NOS. From what I read it seems that a lot of people preffer Zex for the reason that it increases the amount of NOS with the more pressure on the peddle. It seems a little odd but I get what they are saying. Is it true? Not sure. Ive never used nitrous. There is also a person running a custom turbocharger with 60shot NOS also a Zex kit. They said it works fine as long as you really have it set up correctly. If not theres a good chance your engines going to set fire or damage severely. This could happen with only one of the two as well. Unless you really know what you are doing I suggest going to a Pro to have it done. Make sure they are reputable. Also just a little tip incase you dont like that color Zex bottle. I believe they made new colors or a carbon fiber tank and the actual purplish color you see doesnt really look that "gay" as people call it. Good luck
Old 10-19-2002, 11:04 AM

Hello, I am a new member and I have a spa yello S2000 with a aem cold air intake, gutted catalitic, and a fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump. I was thinking of installing a nitrous in my car. I am scared to blow my engine. I was wondering what is the best setup with the safest results is. Please give me some recomendations. Everyone tells me to put a NOS dry 50 shot.

Quick Reply: To nos or not to nos??