S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

To nos or not to nos??

Old 10-15-2002, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, Buckwheat made an excelent post. I agree totaly and have had the exact same experience with the NX wet shark nozzle kit. I did the install myself too, working a few hours at a time to avoid mistakes. I posted a few pics of my set up below. Also, to clarify to an above post.... you don't need to upgrade your pump, get an FPR or bigger injectors. The NX shark nozzle mixes the fuel and N20 so there is no need for those items.

Here is a pic of the covered switch I use to arm the system. I also modified the CH button from behind to act as a momentary switch that will be used for the purge button. The Mute button will be used to open the bottle when I get the auto opener and the light will indicate green when the bottle is open. I will post pics.

Here is a pic of my bottle and you will notice I have a NOS bottle blanket on it. I couldn't get an NX blanket so I used this one. Under the blanket is a warmer which is armed with the blue lighted switch on the right hand side. Warmer is absolutly essential for N20 to work propperly. I get a constant 900-950 psi with the warmer whereas before, I got anywhere from 600-850 psi. The warmer is totaly automatic so you just flip it on and it does its thing.

Here is where I mounted the fuel and N20 solenoids. I used the hole from where the stock airbox was mounted using a 6MM bolt and washer.

And here is the shark nozzle installed in my Comptech intake. You can see how I installed the WOT switch at the throttle body. I used one of the existing bolts and it worked perfectly.

I currently run a 75 shot and LOVE it. Only break it out when I have to. I will be going to the track this Sat. and will scan a timeslip afterward. I expect low to mid 13s all day. If you are considering this mod.... DO IT!!!! But be sure to get all the accesories like Buckwheat said. The kit may seem complete out of the box, but you need the extra stuff. Trust me.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:17 PM
Former Moderator

very nice writeup!!!!!! thank you! I've been starting to think about juicing my car, not for drags but for road racing.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:39 PM

God, i am more confused than ever. i have no idea what to get now. i would like to hear some input on vortech sc's. that setup looks bad a$$. ive allways been a fan of nitrous systems but i dont know what is safer. i know nitrous would help out my quarter mile but then i would have to keep refilling the bottle. and it would be a compleate waist when im on the freeway and just want to get to high speeds. but thanks for all of your imput
Old 10-15-2002, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and it would be a compleate waist when im on the freeway and just want to get to high speeds. but thanks for all of your imput
Try shooting at 90 mph in fourth gear....Hang on.......Nos is great at the lower speeds........But it really shines when You get past 100 mph mark!
Old 10-16-2002, 12:01 AM

Beautiful pics sireousrex. I want to have more fun

Anxiously await for more of your post
Keep up the good work
Old 10-16-2002, 07:31 PM

Too bad nitrous oxide impresses nobody at all (except F&F fans.) Ahh, all motor or even turbo/supercharger, that is a whole different thing. Anyone can hook up a bottle and squeeze.

After a year, you will have been able to buy engine upgrades/supercharger/turbo kit for your s2k after you add in all the money you have spent on the nitrous kit and nitrous refills. My recommendation is to save your money, don't squeeze, wait to get a different form of forced induction if you want big power.

Chris
Old 10-16-2002, 08:15 PM

Thanks genius. Trouble with your theory is that I am not trying to impress anyone. If it takes some time off my ET at the track, where I am trying only to satisfy MY need for speed, that's what I am looking for..

"Anyone can hook up a bottle and squeeze"???? Well then, can't anyone hook up a Comptech kit and boost? Seems very similar to me, except different pricetag for a common goal....speed. And since I pretty much only "squeeze" at the track every now and then, and drive fairly tame the rest of the time, seems pretty cost effective.

FYI, my other car is a custom turbocharged CRX, that I completely built myself, so if you are insinuating that only amateurs that can't work on cars use N20, there goes your other theory.

So, what point were you trying to make again?

What difference does it make to you how someone gets their power? Some people swear by turbos (me included), and some by SCs, doesn't make one better than the other, except for personal preference. Shouldn't it be up to the owner how the vehicle is set up. Next thing I'll hear is that N20 is "cheating". How so? If a car doesn't come with a turbo and I add one, is THAT cheating. Well wait, maybe if I go with an aftermarket clutch, am I cheating then? OR, maybe we should all just leave our cars stock, because after all, anyone with a tool kit can modify it, because if I wanted big power I would have bought an NSX!?!?!?

Thanks for the recommendation on what I should do with a car I spent MY $$ on. Here's a recommendation for you.... do what you want with YOUR car and let us know how it comes out. Then let people make their own decision on what they want for THEIR car.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:31 PM

damn i totaly agree with seriousrex. a mod is a mod, im getting tired of going to chat rooms wher old rednecks say "nitrous is for little kids and turbo is for them damn japs" anyway like serious said its all about what u prefer.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:37 PM

Mo PWR

anyway you get it, it's fair game
Old 10-16-2002, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blazins2
[B]damn

Quick Reply: To nos or not to nos??